Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My Ro

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Andy

I have a 450 gal a day ro from collinswood. iv now got to run it from my own water supply. The water going in is 340 the good water is coming out at 003 and the waste at over 900. Iv timed it and it takes one and a half minutes to produce 1 lt of good water and 2 minutes to produce 1 lt of bad. Any one any idear how much it would cost to fill a 500 lt tank. Thanks

Are you on meter

How much is it per unit of water(litre)

Or google your water company price per litre,work out your waste total to 500 litres produced,add em together n that's what you got /emoticons/smile.png

on a meter. Water supply is £1.169 unit volume charge per cubic meter and Waste water is £2.198 unit volume charge per cubic meter. how do they no how much water im sticking down the drain.

Hi Andy. They don't really know how much u waste, they just go by what ur meter says u use. They just have a standard cost per cubic metre for water supply and sewage.

So in ur case for each cubic metre of water that comes through ur water metre u get charged £1.169 for water and £2.198 for sewage. So the total cost is £3.367 per cubic metre.

But ur RO will also waste some water to produce 1000 litres of pure. So assume ur RO produced on a ratio of 1:1, that would mean to produce 1000 litres of water u would actually be using 2000 litres of water. So ur cost to produce 1000 liters of pure water would be 3.367 x 2 = £6.734.

So to fill ur 500 litres tank would cost £3.37.

U may also have standing charges on top of those prices. Hope that helps.

By the way can u provide a link to ur RO from collinswood as I did a google but could not find it. I'm interested because it looks from ur test that u produce more pure than waste which is unusual.

Thanks

if we all have to go the meter way, it is,int that expensive,

its the waste water going down the drain what a waste ,when i first started took me ages getting my head a round it

Back