Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Solar panels

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Sorry to change this a bit but what pole would you use to clean solar panels? I have a gardiner carbon fibre 35ft I know that won't be long enough but I heard you can't use carbon fibre poles as you might get a shock?

That's interesting, I hadn't thought about that before. (electric shocks)

So ur 35ft pole won't do solar panels. Are u talking normal 2 storey houses or 3 storey houses?

By the way Posh. I haven't gone WFP just yet (but am close to doing). I already have several customers interested in me doing their solar panels.

Are u not interested in doing them yourself. I not sure I would want to travel to sawston area just for a couple of houses lol.

Perhaps Alex Gardiner can throw some light on this subject and recommend a suitable pole for solar panels on both 2 and 3 storey houses.

I was hoping to buy an slx 25 and add extentions if need be, but now I'm not sure.

There roughly 20 panels on each house but ain't really counted.

Nah don't fancy doing them. Got enough with windows & guttering keeping up with that let alone solar panels.

does anyone know anymore on this electric shock business?????

i'm due to clean my first solar panels next week with a slx 25 and dont fancy getting zapped!!!!!!!

if you cant use a pole, what can you use?

i got some info from local installer he says all is ok to clean them W F P no way you can get any shocks

they are covered with protective covering

I heard using a carbon fibre pole on solar panels there is chance of electric shock

There roughly 20 panels on each house but ain't really counted.
Nah don't fancy doing them. Got enough with windows & guttering keeping up with that let alone solar panels.
Good to be busy

does anyone know anymore on this electric shock business?????i'm due to clean my first solar panels next week with a slx 25 and dont fancy getting zapped!!!!!!!

if you cant use a pole, what can you use?
I need to know this too as I've heard mixed things about carbon poles being used on them

Gardiner said his SLX have insulators in each section so no worries there.
He hasn't said that. He has said that the base pole has a layer of glass fibre as an outer shell that will insulate/protect against electric shock.

i may get some to clean so i am following this thread....but i do have electrical background....he he lets see if you know what these letters mean...mrgc and dot....god that goes back a long time...i don't think there could be a risk as everything would be double insulated otherwise in rain or snow everything would short and that isnt a good idea...,however.....me knows you be okay if you wear rubber gloves ......and me be investing in some.....pink marigolds are the best ....oh god the bells is cutting in...

And yes, electrocution is a risk if you don't know what you are doing, regardless of which pole you use.

Good luck with that question @Solar Steve has spent years of researching so keeps alot of information to himself /emoticons/biggrin.png

Can you let us know what we all should look out for?

Latest Posts

Back