Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

gutter vac

WCF

Help Support WCF:

norm

doing a gutter job today with the vac and after finishing vac was stinking with sludge could just about lift it before lobbing it over the back fence

then hosing and same several times over til clean

hose filter and its sitting in front of the fire drying

takes a bit of time this

is there a quicker/handier method?

anyone:D

please

I sometimes wonder why I bought one norm. I can earn my money quicker doing windows, but it comes in handy I suppose. I did 3 gutter jobs last week, earned some decent money, got covered in sh!te, van covered in mud and was hard work. I might sell it?

I sometimes wonder why I bought one norm. I can earn my money quicker doing windows, but it comes in handy I suppose. I did 3 gutter jobs last week, earned some decent money, got covered in sh!te, van covered in mud and was hard work. I might sell it?
yeah it took me an hour[with my son] to clean ladders vac and piggin stinking i guess it is good to have cus i couldnt have done it without vac

when i gave the guy the price of 2 joining houses i gave his price and he asked was that between the 2 of them and i laughed and said no each thought he was going to cry:rolleyes:

It's all part of the job @norm and yes dumping the waste can be a pain on that size drum when its full. I would never be able to lift mine over a fence on my own nor want to try when its full. That's one way to put your back out you nutter /emoticons/biggrin.png

It's all part of the job @norm and yes dumping the waste can be a pain on that size drum when its full. I would never be able to lift mine over a fence on my own nor want to try when its full. That's one way to put your back out you nutter /emoticons/biggrin.png
/emoticons/biggrin.png it was only about 6 inches packed and rest filthy water which run out of bottom when i used wee tube :rolleyes:

was impressed with suction as was running 4kva generator and only 2 of 3 motors

going to sell generator as i was saying to ya and use custys leccy as you do but this gave it a test before selling

leaflet drop imminint :rolleyes:

just have to suck it up and increase price to allow after clean:D

Makes me laugh when I show them what's been sucked up and then say, where shall I put it. Their faces go blank haha. Well it's your rubbish Mrs, I don't want it /emoticons/biggrin.png

It's been quite manick for me lately @norm what with all the rain as customers notice a wee bit more when water starts pouring over blocked gutters & downspouts onto their heads. I just love it when it rains.... ching ching /emoticons/biggrin.png

/emoticons/biggrin.png it was only about 6 inches packed and rest filthy water which run out of bottom when i used wee tube :rolleyes:was impressed with suction as was running 4kva generator and only 2 of 3 motors

going to sell generator as i was saying to ya and use custys leccy as you do but this gave it a test before selling

leaflet drop imminint :rolleyes:

just have to suck it up and increase price to allow after clean:D

I had two like that today...the expresion on their faces was priceless /emoticons/biggrin.png

The third one was a hand job so just scrapped it back to me and instead of bagging it up I just dumped it straight from the gutters onto the overgrow gardens as they would not notice the difference anyway as was so bad:cool:

Makes me laugh when I show them what's been sucked up and then say, where shall I put it. Their faces go blank haha. Well it's your rubbish Mrs, I don't want it /emoticons/biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
With all the sludge sucked up the vac hose/poles and nozzles can get very haevy & start to blocked. So a simple tip is ask for a bucket of water then just suck it through. That way you will also save strain on your body and at the end of the job will also be ready for the next one you do. That is after emptying out the drum before packing the kit away /emoticons/biggrin.png

To be honest I did use the customers hosepipe it they had one but found it much quicker/easier just using a bucket quarterish full as you don't need much water to flush the kit through.

Also if the drum filter gets badly blocked with sludge/crud whilst working and you start to loose suction then take it out and blast it clean with a hosepipe then stick it back in./emoticons/wink.png

good job mate filter got hosed in the back garden and dryed at our fire

got my guy to empty halfway through the job and said to him tip the wee grey pipe

he tipped the whole machine and waste went out suction hole:eek: with vacuum head still on

thought motors would be trashed but lucky they are fine:D

Would be nice for me to have a helper like that but I would give better instructions what to do /emoticons/biggrin.png

I've droped one before trying to load it into the back of the van whithout emptying it first. The base smashed to bits on the road so was not one of my better days /emoticons/biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back