Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

paypal

john39

hi guys. im wanting to setup a paypal account to receive my wages, I heard from a customer that paypal can freeze your money, and keep it from u. this happen to any of u guys?

They can do if there's a dispute, usually happens on eBay. No such issues with BACS (bank transfer) though.

I had an option for customers to pay with paypal, and for some it was perfect and convenient for others it was just another excuse to say oh yes i will pay via paypal and never actually do it. I never had any problem with paypal though. Just remember you will be charge a fee from paypal when you receive money.

paypal reserve the right to freeze your account for 180 days (its in there terms and conditions), this is not just for the one transaction this is all the money in your account meaning you cannot send or withdraw and they do not release the funds until 180 days have expired and after that they only let you withdraw the funds through the bank account that is linked to the paypal account, its a absolute nightmare if it happens and to answer your original question yes it has happened to me about 5 years ago when i used to sell snug boots on fleabay .... im back on there now though and use it for my round and for window cleaning its perfect minus the fee's, you should check out go cardless aswell thats good if you can get your customers to sign up to it

I've had issues with ppl not getting around to paying and can be a nightmare dealing manly with landlords as for some reason or another I'm always chasing payment even with bank transfers. So now is strictly cash on completion on the day or the job doesn't get done.

I had an option for customers to pay with paypal, and for some it was perfect and convenient for others it was just another excuse to say oh yes i will pay via paypal and never actually do it. I never had any problem with paypal though. Just remember you will be charge a fee from paypal when you receive money.

Ye I almost got to that point with a few. To be fair the majority of my custys were great, it was just the odd few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of my work is booked in when ppl are home so I don't have a problem usually getting paid straight away. It has only been recently that I've offered private landlord other means to pay especially the ones that don't live in the same area as me. Those are the ones that generally mess me about so now I'm in two minds to either not take the job on or make arrangements that the tenant pays the bill then claims it back from the landlord instead.

I take paypal and Bacs so far only had 1 custy not pay (used to have trouble getting payment off her when I went collecting never had any cash or no cheques left in her cheque book that sort of custy) any way she now off my books. All the others I have with pp are fine. I do try now to steer customers towards BACs because there is no charge to me, but if the custy insists on pp I now explain to them that its at a cost to me and I would have to pass that cost on. Some say thats fine others say They will pay BACs rather than pay the extra. Both ways save a lot of hassle of trying to catch people in on an evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well I don't mind losing out on fees, as I would spend hell of a lot more on fuel. saves me in the long run

I've just got paid for a job in december last year via paypal from a private landlord.

Happy Days!/emoticons/biggrin.png

Smurf what type of van would u recommend for a 300 ltr tank? Im stuck between a van or a trailor, dont want to struggle financially, keep a van and a car. Especially insuring both. All info welcome lads

Hi @john39 I suppose it all depends if you get rid of the car if you need also to transport other ppl like wife and kids about or not so number of seats need to be considered. Also size does really matter as max payload and space left in the back if you want to carry loads of other kit about too.

It's an old but tidy berlingo john and is really much too small now for my needs with all the kit I need to carry about as I don't just do windows

Up to 400L your choices are Peugeot Partner, Citroën Berlingo, Ford Transiit Connect or maybe Fiat Scudo or VW Caddy. Over 500L I'd say it's between a Ford Transit or Vauxhall Vivaro, maybe a Merc Sprinter or VW Transporter

I've just got paid for a job in december last year via paypal from a private landlord.
Happy Days!/emoticons/biggrin.png
probably he follows this topic too lol

My first payment ive received via paypal was in US $ - as I have installed a module without checking the configuration : )

I hope not:D

Oops! that was not too cleaver

Best ever payer for me was when I used to get regular monthly cheques through the post from google. Hopefully as this site gets busier @Gav will too

Back