Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Stop competing on price!!!

I noticed you are trying to increase the content of this site Gav. How about an article about pricing aimed towards customers? It could serve well to draw people to the site, increase the customers awareness of what we do, and also give noobs an idea of what they should be charging for the different services. Just an idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
I for one don't mind helping anyone out if I can but I'm sure as hell don't want my customers reading some of the post on here /emoticons/biggrin.png

That's one very good reason why I don't give away my business details on here either as is an open forum for anyone to see.

Ye sadly that is not such a great idea Tolish. Although customers could come and find this forum if they so wished or knew where to look we don't Want to invite them! Not simply because we don't want them to see what we post but also, it is hard to write something on pricing there are so many variables. Then imagine if customers read it they would questioning but why is mine more expensive than bobs house etc. Thanks for trying to help with ideas on content but that one I prob won't agree with /emoticons/wink.png

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

mind you it be pretty competitive out there...i had an ex rental clean recently and she ushered the immortal line ...oh if we had known about you before we could have used you....and then she said where she was moving too and could i go...it was millionaires row overlooking a golf course near crewe. all brand new,.and i explained it wouldn't be worth my petrol/time as i only want to work local and she said, oh dont worry we have had six different window cleaning leaflets through the door already.....

Myself I will still travel only if the money is right as am quite happy to earn a good days wage plus expenses on just one job.

The written word can sometimes get taken wrong, so I'm lucky you guys get my sense of humour.:hehehe:/emoticons/wink.png

I'm still gaining loads of work and don't door knock or advertise or have my van sign written either. I'm not cheap so I must be doing something right.

Yesterday for an example I did an exterior house deep clean for £260 (gutters & downspouts checked and cleared & exterior plastic cleaned) including a free window clean and today got another 2 referrals from that customer to quote on with similar size houses. Plus they also have confirmed now they want their blocked paved driveway cleaned too so that is booked aswell.

Not to mention other referrals coming through and new enquiries too. Spring has defo spring as they say.

I'm still gaing loads of work and don't door knock or advertise or have me van sign written either and I'm not cheap so I must be doing something right for a change.
Yesterday for an example I did an exterior house deep clean for £260 (gutters & downspouts checked and cleared & exterior plastic cleaned) including a free window clean and today got another 2 referals from that customer to quote on with simular size houses. Plus they also have confired now they want there blocked paved driveway cleaned too so that is booked aswell.

Not to mention other referrals comming through and new enquiries too. Spring has defo spring as they say./emoticons/smile.png
Sounds like a good job to get mate. Its amazing what a difference an exterior clean makes by getting rid of all the cobwebs and dirt. Sounds like you found a customer that appreciates the same.

I wised up a while ago to be different than just being the run of the mill window cleaner doing loads of houses a day just to earn a days wage as there is good money to be had in exterior property cleaning. As I have mentioned many times before most customers already have a regular window cleaner but don't offer the services and quality of work for whatever reason that I do.

What the lad said in the vid you have to find a way be different to set you appart from the rest to make a business grow whatever that may be.

Regarding window cleaning for instance I know one chap who used to be on here that got loads of stick from some for being pricy so say and different in marketing (getting his message across) Hot Wash Window Cleaning. It did not matter how many had hot water systems in his area but using his savvy created a strong brand company name to make him stand out from the crowd.

Back