Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New to the job.

Jason77

I'm just starting up and any advice would be loved.The HMRC are sending me a package so i can start the self-employed part and spoke to simply business today about getting liabilty insurance (£69.12 per year).

I've got some business cards made and on there way and flyers and will be going canvassing as soon as.

I would love any advice on things to look out for and really struggling on how much to charge.I dont want to undercut other window cleaners and dont want to over charge as to put customers off.

So any help would be appreciated, king regards Jason.

Welcome to wcf @Jason77... Don't mind us as we are all raving bonkers;)

There is plenty of good info on the site already but if you can't find the answers you are looking for then don't hesitate to ask as is a great friendly bunch of ppl on here that would be happy to try and help you out.

Welcome to wcf @Jason77... Don't mind us as we are all raving bonkers;)
There is plenty of good info on the site already but if you can't find the answers you are looking for then don't hesitate to ask as is a great friendly bunch of ppl on here that would be happy to try and help you out.
Thats good to know thanks.

To reply to Tuffers i've only cleaned my own windows and was happy with the results.That said...i find it harder with each variation or size of window.I've been cleaning my windows with a rainbow type action which i have seen on youtube demo's which is good.Whilst i'm waiting for all the paper work side of things to go through i'll be cleaning friends/family windows for some more practice.

Till then i'll plough through the website and see if i can pick up any handy info...thanks.

I'm just starting up and any advice would be loved.The HMRC are sending me a package so i can start the self-employed part and spoke to simply business today about getting liabilty insurance (£69.12 per year).
I've got some business cards made and on there way and flyers and will be going canvassing as soon as.

I would love any advice on things to look out for and really struggling on how much to charge.I dont want to undercut other window cleaners and dont want to over charge as to put customers off.

So any help would be appreciated, king regards Jason.
ahh but did you go through quidco/top cashback....every little helps....

You got a good deal on Insurance mate, so, your off to a great start!... Get out there clean windows, do a good job, the neighbours will see you, word gets about!, door knock if you have to, leaflet drop, facebook, websites... Just keep building on what you have. I have done four years on foot and Bike with trailer. Built it up and now I have a young lad running me round in a van (I don't drive). We are enjoying it. It is not easy, it takes a while to build a round up. The winter is a pain in the a'_). But, stay positive, your lose one or two @+-' along the way, But, if you can stick it throughout the year, you will always gain customers. Go for it!

hey jason found it best to be able to clean windows and be confident in my ability before taking paid jobs

doesnt mean ya have to be fast or perfect but able to give the custy a good job

plenty of practice on ya own windows til ya confident and skill build up

remember cleaning my windows over and over again and my son shouting why are you cleaning the same window over and over:D

few different shapes and size windows prepare ya for paid jobs

Back