Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Was so close to taking a fall

Smurf

I was so close to taking a fall from my gutter clearing ladder yesterday as was not concentrating on what I was doing. It was one of those man pants moments I can tell you./emoticons/biggrin.png

Good job the ankalad was deployed and the microlite standoff was on the roof tiles at the time or the ladder would have defo gone sideways & from underneath me as I managed to save myself from falling.

That just goes to show the system I use to stabalise the ladder works rather well thank god.:rolleyes:

No I don't think so @laddergarder but the vid gives the general idea of what can happen to a normal ladder when it becomes unstable due to operator error as they say.

looks like he was leaning too far off to the side of the ladder. Trying to reach something, and the ladder twisted and went to the side. He was lucky he did not get impaled on those railings. Lucky lucky bloke.

Indeed...

On my little misshap yesterday I actualy lost my balance and fell sideways and just managed in time to grab the ladder before I complety fell off it. If I had been using just a normal ladder it would have made no different and I defo would have fallen taking the ladder with me.

oh god the vid scared me....yes they do come along those moments and it really wakes you up...sad thing was my last one was on my own house.....well i left the ladder for a sec and you canna do that in the wind....

It certainly gave me a wakeup call for sure lads. To be honest I was going to keep my near miss a secret but thought in the end I would share as even someone like me being so safety conscious and all can make a mistake which could have been fatal.

It certainly gave me a wakeup call for sure lads. To be honest I was going to keep my near miss a secret but thought in the end I would share as even someone like me being so safety conscious and all can make a mistake which could have been fatal.
glad it ended well @Smurf and your gear did the job as it paid for itself in one go

Yep after that close call it all seems well worth the hassle now in taking an extra min or two to stabalise the ladder properly. /emoticons/wink.png

yeh my only fall was my fault....i was up the ladder above a bay when i realised i should have raised the ladder to the top gutter but decided to carry on....and the sad thing is ...i did clean the window before the ladder slipped.....

well i was off a week but thought sod that, as you do and headed off with my ankle plastered up...you got keep the custys happy..

Feck some customers as they don't give a flying fig how you do the job as long as you don't leave their windows wet. /emoticons/biggrin.png

dont get much sympathy after a fall and injury

some do care most dont

even had one old doll having a laugh about it:mad:

yeh i used to think they thought a lot of me but didnt stop me selling them on if they didnt pay enough....i had one once, better rephrase that....well i was cleaning the insides and reached up to clean a coloured light and as i pressed my scrim on it ....the whole thing just fell out.....they made me go and get a replacement and pay for it though....apparently what had happened is it was an opener and the decorator had put it back and forgot to nail.screw it in....and as it was a dry spell the wooden frame had just shrunk...hows that my fault.?

Some ppl also have a wicked sense of humour @norm but at least you didn't break yer honey pot

Glad you are on the mend bud;)

Latest Posts

Back