Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

4/6/8

WCF

Help Support WCF:

kellyKleen

Been canvassing in Chippenham wiltshire and gone really well £300 of new work in 2 days. But I have changed from telling people I call 4 weekly and say 6 weekly. Reason for this was when I started my first round back 20 years ago most would go for 4 weekly with some asking for 8 weekly. But last 2 years that has changed to the point that 75% asked for 8 weekly. So now I do 6 weekly cleans and if some one says that is too often I tell them I keep windows clean not clean dirty windows so if they want 12 weekly cleans it will be an extra £5. It so far so good.

50% of mine is 6 weekly. 45% 8 weekly & only 5% 4 weekly. I also find 4 weekly is to quick & like you a lot of people after a while change it.

I have one lady who likes her windows done weekly......I only manage to do them fortnightly though. I think 6 weekly is fine but when it stretches to 8 weeks then I think it means more work....muckier windows and frames. I have mainly monthly customers, but because I am constantly behind, they end up being 6 weekly. I do have an hardcore group of monthly custies who get really uptight if I dont get theirs done within the month. To save myself receiving hassling texts and phone calls and moans I always ensure this group get theirs done within the month and I do find that these are the easiest and quicker cleans. Easier than 6 weekly and much easier than 8 weekly.

My 5% 4 weekly are the same. I have to give them the next date I'm coming & do on that day. If for some reason I can't I do it as close as possible but have to tex or ring them to let them know. I think in 4 years I've only missed it 3 times coz of weather.

I just say monthly now and if the want them doing every two months that's fine too.

I really don't mind if people want 4/6/8/or even 12. There always clean even after 12 weeks, Maybe is the area I live in.

yep mine be floating custys in the most....but the storm damage is a lot worse on dirty windows....just done one yesterday aft what seems like six months.....and all the storm ones were in direct sunlight ....his house and garden were immac but he says he doesnt bother much with the windows....still gave me a tip as they were bad so cant be too bad...

6 weeks is the best frequency for wfp I think, 4 weeks too soon and dont get too dirty and your always in their pocket, and 8 weeks too long the customer forgets about you.

I really don't mind if people want 4/6/8/or even 12. There always clean even after 12 weeks, Maybe is the area I live in.
yeh me not too bothered....the only time i got sacked off the person wrote me a really nice letter and said 13 weeks was just too long.....well i was younger and had to get rid of two rounds a year(always the worst work as you do) i am paying the price now though with the storm damage taking me a lot longer, i kinda like the idea of never knowing where i will end up... but hey it soon be summer:)

6 weeks is ok, but 8 weeks means more work as the frames, sills and glass are muckier. I can understand why some cleaners charge more for 8 weeklys as it normally will take a bit more time. Must admit, I havent seen any shift in customer preference from monthly to 6 weeks or 2 monthly. The vast majority of mine want monthly....just wish I could manage to do them all on time.

me goes when me thinks its time and most of my custys say oh thought you were due...to supplement this and to stop anyone moaning i started....next day window cleaning text address leave money out......i put this on the back of my "your windows were cleaned today notes.."..i just got the not so free..vistaprint rubber stamp...you just pay the postage....be warned it be very tiny.....any way i carried on doing this for ages until it suddenly dawned on my i hadn't put my mobile number on...dohhh

any way its not such a good idea as you end up having to go into an area to do a job and upon seeing me and my car the others wonder why i didnt call on them.....:hiding:

I personally see no difference between 6 or 8 weeks. To be honest I don't look that closely. I just clean them the same way each time.

Well I got my first customer and its 6 weeks, lol, I would prefer 4 weeks. Wow the perosn who started thread got £300 of work in two days, amazing!! How did you do it, I really need some tips. I been flyering for two days now and got 2 customers, booked for soon. I flyered 350 flyers and have 2500 in total. I will start door knocking soon also, once I have got a good batch otu of flyers this week.

I think 8 and 12 is too long myself.

I tell people monthly

I work on a 4 week schedule leaving the odd few days at end of month empty

Then i have room to manoeuvre to catch up missed jobs due to weather

Use the odd days to do big 1 off jobs

I do have the odd 2 weeker and 8 weeker to throw a spanner in the works but now i state twice a month or 2 monthly instead

I'm almost opposite to some of you guys.

90% of my customers are 4 weekly

8% are commercial units every 2 weeks

2% every 8 weeks

If someone tells me they want it done every 3 months etc I tend to just pass it on to one of my window cleaner friends. In the time it takes to travel, do the work. pack up and get to the next house, I can pick up another customer for the same price that wants it doing every 4 weeks.

When I canvass I don't give people the option to choose how often they want it doing. I'm really friendly with how I do it though so I don't look demanding. Something along the lines of "So for everything it's only £10 and I tend to pop around the area every 4 weeks, ok?" with a smile on my face. I have only ever had 1 customer say to me that they would like it doing every 8 weeks after we arranged every 4.

The only reason I have a small amount of 8 weekly customers is because they're in areas that I have a batch of customers anyway so every other month, they take up no more of my time and I get extra money in my pocket. Simples!

All my customers are monthly bar a couple of straglers that I go to when I have other work in the area. For the people that want 3 monthly 6monthly etc, I just give them a card now and say give me a call when you want them doing. I may not have them commited but at least I don't have the confusion of remembering the odd ones.

My round is 90% 3 weekly and 10% 6 weeks.

It's been like that for 33 years, and works for me.

Maybe that's why I don't need so much water per house.

All my customers are monthly bar a couple of straglers that I go to when I have other work in the area. For the people that want 3 monthly 6monthly etc, I just give them a card now and say give me a call when you want them doing. I may not have them commited but at least I don't have the confusion of remembering the odd ones.
Instead of just handing them your card and say ring me when you want to, why not commit them to however often, write them down in a spreadsheet so you have their details and put them in your diary for every whenever. That way, you definitely have them as a customer, but if you say just give me a call, the likelihood is that they won't ring you.

Just a thought /emoticons/smile.png

I have 4 weekly, 4-6 weekly, 8 weekly, 12 weekly. They get done when I get to them, good work gets done on time, I have 8 weekly that is now 3 weeks over, will get done next week, they always say to me " are you due already" so dont think they will be too bothered, Ive been telling all custys, that I may be later due to the winter, but assure them I will be back.

Instead of just handing them your card and say ring me when you want to, why not commit them to however often, write them down in a spreadsheet so you have their details and put them in your diary for every whenever. That way, you definitely have them as a customer, but if you say just give me a call, the likelihood is that they won't ring you.
Just a thought /emoticons/smile.png
Cheers mate, tbh I've always got a lot of work on the go (Handyman, window cleaner, and gardener in the nice months) and I am only ever after quality customers. At the moment I'm fully booked about 3 weeks ahead not including my window round (1 weeks work PM), so I pick and choose, but when I first started I would take on any old $hit work. The type of customer that wants their windows done that infrequently (anything over 2 months) is not what I am after, and I can't be bothered organising my work around them considering how little money it is. Part of it is energy conservation a.k.a laziness, but really its down to economics. That said, I'm always happy to take on first cleans as I charge good money for them for not much more work.:thumbsup:

Back