Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

So what are peoples opinion on female window cleaners? :-)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi and welcome to the forum...Best person to ask is @shazzy692002

Myself I have now issues with a female window cleaner as long as they don't use a karcher window vac on me windows:D

I think female window cleaners are the bees knees. I am unique in my little town.

How often do you see us. Not very often, My custies love me, more so in the summer.!!!!

What do you think of female w/c then @Pee ?

Well I am looking into starting up a cleaning business, starting with window cleaning. Merely because I will be starting in the early summer time and I see it as an opportunity to get customers on board quickly and make some money. I am considering purchasing a van and combining both traditional cleaning and a water fed pole.

I am raring to get out there and get door knocking and canvasing.... I have asked some friends in my local area and enquired about how much they pay for the front and/or the back of their house and the feeling I get is around £8.50 for front and back and £4 ish for the back only.

I am in the process of cleaning my friends and families windows for experience...... And tips are welcome!

Being made redundant in 2 months and am seeing it as an opportunity to set myself up with my redundancy pay...

Thanks and I am loving this forum /emoticons/smile.png

I think female window cleaners are the bees knees. I am unique in my little town.
How often do you see us. Not very often, My custies love me, more so in the summer.!!!!

Is the summer the best time to put your prices up then shazzy...!! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being female will make no difference what so ever. If you work hard at it you'll do well. Sorry to hear you are being made redundant. I started window cleaning part time, along with another employed job. Then that business went bust, and I went window cleaning full time... never looked back. Best thing that ever happened to me.

You will want to stay competitive but try not worry about what others are charging. Just work out what is fair to you and your customers.

Others may disagree but you shouldn't spend more than 5k on expenses working on your own. So add a salary on to that, divide the total up by how many hours you hope to work, and that will give you a ball park of what you should be earning an hour. Always guess a little more for expenses and a little less for sales, when doing projections.

The problem with quoting any figures is that prices vary across the country. Living expenses in London are allot more, than in my little town in the west of Scotland. I generally take in about £15 per hour when working. So £120 in 8 hours. As for how I price a job, well I wont share that /emoticons/wink.png but its not hard. See how long a job takes, and come up with some method of accurately pricing up a job, so you hit that target you set yourself. Remember you are going to have to drive from job to job, deal with customers, unpack and pack up gear. So its not a simple as £15 per hour, so that will be £5 for a 20 minute job. Its probably more like 10/15 minutes for a £5 job for me.

Our work its also fairly compact. you will get there, just keep taking on those new customers, and it will become a little compact round. You will also get faster over time, so dont get to disappointed if you make a little less than expected at first either.

Yep @Pee it's best to learn both methods so fair play to you.

I'm sure from a female perspective @shazzy692002 being an established female window cleaner would be happy to help you too on the safety side of things as with any job working alone there can be risks involved too.

Well I am looking into starting up a cleaning business, starting with window cleaning. Merely because I will be starting in the early summer time and I see it as an opportunity to get customers on board quickly and make some money. I am considering purchasing a van and combining both traditional cleaning and a water fed pole.
I am raring to get out there and get door knocking and canvasing.... I have asked some friends in my local area and enquired about how much they pay for the front and/or the back of their house and the feeling I get is around £8.50 for front and back and £4 ish for the back only.

I am in the process of cleaning my friends and families windows for experience...... And tips are welcome!

Being made redundant in 2 months and am seeing it as an opportunity to set myself up with my redundancy pay...

Thanks and I am loving this forum /emoticons/smile.png

hi, welcome pee.... i would think certain custys would prefer and feel safer with a female window cleaner....i have to say donkeys years ago my mum worked side by side with my dad and that worked well ...good luck with the future...we are all here to help....and of course be helped ...now got to go and find out who told me about sticky stuff remover....and thank them again as it is an essential piece of kit:)

So what are peoples opinion on female window cleaners? /emoticons/smile.png
Err.... not much :eek:

article-0-18968AC8000005DC-794_634x422.jpg

i employ one now and previously had 2 . i will always employ at least 1 crew member whose female . theyre the best for interior work and gaining trust .

How lovely to have a lady onboard the forum.....I have been w/c for 2 1/2 years. Its taken time to gain trust from my customers....Also in the past, I have had lots of comments, and people gob smacked when I get out my van and start working, (bare in mind I did buy a round)

My earning differ every day, my aim is for £20ph, some times I do more, others a lot less, for example I could work 830am till 3pm and only earn £70 due to people being out or it start raining......yesterday I earn £120 and was home by 115pm....expect the good with the bad.

One massive bit of advise I would give is let customers know that you can work in the rain....my customers don't let me work on there houses in the rain, as they were not knowledged before I started neither was I!!!!

I used to wear earphones when I started, but not hearing the noise round u, is dangerous for a lady, so maybe just one ear phone...x

Err.... not much :eek:
article-0-18968AC8000005DC-794_634x422.jpg
Oh gosh.... that's not the look I will be rocking LOL!

Back