Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is this Pressure washer kit a good value for money?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

S

sdrah

Hi - I think I have asked before what's the best pressure washer for under 2k but I didnt get one yet

however now im getting few enquiries and I thought is time to get a professional one - and I was wondering what do you think about this KIT

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Business-Start-Up-Pack-Power-Pressure-Washer-Driveway-Cleaning-Diesel-/280854230576?pt=UK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM&hash=item4164377630

Do I need a KIT like that ?! or I should get the main unit only ? I just don't know why would I need that powerful VAC ?! Probably I can do without one like that

any help will be appreciate

thank a lot

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
id suggest you search online for reviews on kiam because anything ive read was all warning people to stay away as their meant to be cheap chinese ****

thats ideal dont worry about the difference in psi as the 21 lpm pump will give you great cleaning power , make sure you get a turbo lance with it and ask them about fitting an outer byass , it would be only a few quid extra, id shop around because that spec is quiet popular and you might get a better price

I don't have a 21 lpm washer but that's next on my wish list. I have been told that it will clean much faster than a 15lpm pump running at 3000 psi. However my only concern that I have a 21 lpm washer needs a double feed so a very large buffer tank is required. Even when filling the buffer tank from an outside domestic tap constantly would not keep up with the demand so the likes of a 1000 ltr tank and/or a towable water bowser would reduce stop starts whilst waiting for the tank to refill.

ok thanks i'll go for this one then

will a 3000 psi clean easily something like this (black spots) as my current 150 bar washer doesn't

DSC00698.JPG

Nope not completely but might get most of it off. The black spots are algae/lichen that has grown into the surface and the most common way to help get rid is to use a very strong bleach.

Nope not completely but might get most of it off. The black spots are algae/lichen that has grown into the surface and the most common way to help get rid is to use a very strong bleach.

it should be a spray something like this to help get rid of em ? ! [media]

[/media]

Yep @sdrah I've used that stuff in the vid which is called in its raw form Sodium Percarbonate http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_percarbonate

It’s not as effective as 15% sodium hypochlorite I've been told but after trying it out it seems to works OK.

When you mix the powder to hot water you need to make sure it all dissolves and is mixed properly before applying. Also if left too long pre mixed will go off (not work anymore) so needs to be applied strait after mixing.

Be warned it is still a form of bleach so don’t use it near ponds as the run off will kill whatever is in it. It also can cause harm to pets and children so don’t let them go near the surface whilst it is being applied and also make sure after dwell time it’s rinsed off the surface properly.

Forgot to mention Sodium Percarbonate can cause damage to plants etc too so make sure they are rinsed down properly too.

id recommend sodium hypochlorite for stubborn stains , id powerwash the area first then spray the spotted areas and leave sit for 5 mins then rinse with a garden hose .as smurf says its industrial strenght bleach and it will destroy all around it , i done a job this week where the hypo wouldnt shift a few rust stains so i treated the area with some hydrochloric acid and it done the job ,make sure and wear eye protection and gloves with this stuff as its lethal but only used on very rare cases

thats ideal dont worry about the difference in psi as the 21 lpm pump will give you great cleaning power , make sure you get a turbo lance with it and ask them about fitting an outer byass , it would be only a few quid extra, id shop around because that spec is quiet popular and you might get a better price
hi mr shine thanks for yr time - what would you choose from the two washers below

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRESSURE-WASHER-HONDA-GX390-13HP-PETROL-21LTRS-200BAR-INTERPUMP-WS202-GEARBOX-/180592394746?pt=UK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM&hash=item2a0c2541fa

or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-PETROL-PRESSURE-POWER-WASHER-GX390-13-HP-ENGINE-/330926646336?pt=UK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM&hash=item4d0cc3e440

what's more important the flow rate (L per min) or PSI ? the first one is a 21L per min with a 3000 psi as discussed above but it needs more water than just a tap hose ?! the other one is a 15 L per min with 4000 psi ready to connect to the tap , which is better than having an IBC tank in the van however i am happy to carry one if a 21L per min will give a better result

and the last question - both units has the same Honda engine - but the pumps a different , I was wondering which one is best ?!

thanks again

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
id go for the 21lpm with the interpump ws202 , im using a very similar spec and find it very powerfull and the interpump has a great reputation , the other pump type ive never heard of , as regards the ibc i find very few domestic customers that dont have an outside tap so i wouldnt worry about . regardless of where you buy make sure you get the stainless steel quick release couplings and the double wire high pressure

Neither a 15ltr or 21ltr pump interpump washer will run at full pressure and full flow rate without using/sucking the water feed it need from a buffer tank so need to bear that in mind too.

Neither a 15ltr or 21ltr pump interpump washer will run at full pressure and full flow rate without using/sucking the water feed it need from a buffer tank so need to bear that in mind too.
how do I connect to IBC the two sucking hoses which comes with the pressure washer ? the sucking hose is only 9ft long ... If I can't pull the van close to the working area then how do I do ? getting a long sucking hose ?! no that's not a good idea

or shall I go for a van mounted washer which will suck from an IBC - plus a long High pressure hose from the washer to the working area :rolleyes:

Van or trailer mount/water bowser type setups are very popular with professionals thesdays.

Mind you some also carry mobile washers too if required but most will carry enough pressure washer hose on a fixed reel as well as a supply hose reel to be able to do most jobs.

thanks Smurf - does the PSI decrease with a long pressure hose - i mean will the pressure washer lose any power once a long pressure hose is fitted ? A van mounted sounds a better option . I think a 50m house will do for most of the jobs

Yes the longer the pw hose it will drop slightly in pressure but with a good feed would not be that noticeable. Most good washers like that 21 lpm with a reduction gearbox you don’t need to run at full throttle anways so could always crank up it up a bit if need be.

Yep @sdrah I've used that stuff in the vid which is called in its raw form Sodium Percarbonate http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodium_percarbonateIt’s not as effective as 15% sodium hypochlorite I've been told but after trying it out it seems to works OK.

When you mix the powder to hot water you need to make sure it all dissolves and is mixed properly before applying. Also if left too long pre mixed will go off (not work anymore) so needs to be applied strait after mixing.

Be warned it is still a form of bleach so don’t use it near ponds as the run off will kill whatever is in it. It also can cause harm to pets and children so don’t let them go near the surface whilst it is being applied and also make sure after dwell time it’s rinsed off the surface properly.

Forgot to mention Sodium Percarbonate can cause damage to plants etc too so make sure they are rinsed down properly too.
Hi Smurf - my pressure washer is on its way : ) got it with a rotary cleaner too - now I have another question , you mentioned that Sodium Percarbonate is also toxic and has to be rinsed down afterwards however in that video the guy using it says it totally safe on plants etc . Is this the same Sodium Precarbonate / Oxygen Bleach or I am looking at something else http://mistralni.co.uk/products/sodium-percarbonate-ultra-pure

and how many kgs shall I buy to get started

Sodium Percarbonate is safer kind of bleach than using hypo. However you still need to be careful using it as can still burn plant foliage etc and is harmful to pets whilst applying to a surface. Also if goes into fish ponds can harm aquatic life too. So no if you ask me it's not that safe to use but better than using hypo.

Back