Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

my set up

tench0771

this is my low level gutter an conny roof set up what do
1901832_1406629006265762_1192080197_n.jpg
u think:)

yes nice kit ,if your going to charge proper prices people need to see the investment.....actually the thing on the bottom....well .....in the eighties when i was starting out on my own i decided that the current ladder design was not good enough....so i thought about what i wanted and that thing on the bottom was near enough what i came up with....so i went into Manchester to the patent library and checked if anyone had patented such a device...no to my surprise they hadnt....so i sat down and days later emerged with a patentable "device for the prevention of ladder slip".....and i did indeed gain a first year patent for it......but there in lies the problem, in order to keep the patent you have to invest...and the second year was some £400 investment plus more each year to get a full patent.....so i gave up, kids come first.......and a few years after i noticed it for sale.....thats life...i dont understand why all ladders do not have it built in and the standoff built in at the top ...so easy to do ....maybe someone knows of such a ladder...

what's the best way to secure a ladder on a wet wooden deck ?! I use a rubber mat but still worried

Only thing I will say when using a chepo stadoff like that tench is when you are up yer ladder cleaning a conservatory roof the bits that hang over the ladder rungs will put holes in yer trousers and give you sore legs like mine did /emoticons/wink.png

yes m8 they did get in the way a bit not bad for £20 tho ill b geting a microlite soon as well nce to have a couple choices for different jobs

Back