Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hot water

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Smurf

My portable gas water heater ran out of gas today on an exterior house clean. Oh deep joy…

I cleared all the gutters out first which was a laugh as was ram packed full. Then started on the back wash down and managed to get the outside of the guttering, fascia soffit above a full width conservatory back to white as was black. Then went to start on the conservatory roof and yep you guessed it got two panels and frames done then the water went cold. Was a bloody nightmare to do even using a chem and cold water compared to using just hot water as it had never been cleaned at all (least 20 odd years).

Anyhow took me about twice as long to finish that house including the front that I intended it too using hot. I even thought about getting a LPG tank fitted but very few stations sell LPG so that would be a waste of time.

So now I’m seriously thinking of getting a diesel webasto type hot water system instead of messing about with poxy gas bottles.

What do you think?

Time to let those moths out from me wallet methinks.

Cheers bud…what one have you got?

iv got ionics thermopure got it a few years back, i got a right bargain on it as well but the system was knackered and neglected i fixed it up tho and it hasn't missed a beat ever since, this uses the webasto diesel heater that you mentioned and there good iv never had any problems with it

Nice one...just goes to show what you can do when you put your mind to it /emoticons/wink.png

Back