Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gusting winds

Smurf

I had a bad day yesterday but that was a different story http://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/threads/not-one-of-my-better-days.11749/

Now today gusting winds is a problem as the overspray can get blown everywhere so looks like I'm going to have to cancel the job booked in for today.

I don't mind so much working in back gardens with high fences but driveways can be a real pain in gusty conditions what with surrounding properties & vehicles that could get splattered with ****. Even when using a spinner I still have to use a lance for edging etc as I've found a spinner is not as affective on bad block paving as using a turbo nozzle.

The job booked in today is a blocked paved patio area & decking area at the back also a blocked paved driveway I did two years ago. I remember that driveway clean was a pig of a job to do then in slight gusting winds as is open without surrounding garden walls or bushes on 2 sides to help cut down the overspray.

Last edited by a moderator:
Similar problem here mate, just been out and made a start but winds starting to gust real bad, it just blows **** back on to the glass, me think they be best left today, avoid any complaints next visit. Day off, catch up on paper work..:thumbsdown:

Well I made the call to cancel & rebook but I should have cancelled sooner as the chap had already cleared the areas to be cleaned of pots, garden funiture etc. Ooops! /emoticons/biggrin.png

Lucky for me I know the customer quite well and he understood why I had to cancel and was fine about it thank goodness.

So I'm now going to be home all day twiddling my thumbs as it's also to windy to do any wfp window cleaning or ladder work.

The joys of working outside as the weather can be a real pain in the **** /emoticons/sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
same here high winds and heavy rain , im waiting on the recycling company to empy wheeliebins that i have to clean so the morning is nearly gone waiting on them clowns

ive freshbins trailer , there custom built for bins , ive a good size round , jan and feb are slow months but its starting to get busy again

Cheers @mr shine

I suppose when the weather gets warmer ppl notice the bins start to stink more & maggots start crawling about too. I would imagine most well paid people are too lazy/busy so get a man in to short them out. After saying that do you find in general on the domestic front it’s more well healed customers that want the bins cleaned regularly?

the opposite smurf , the majority of my customers are working class and commercial custys , when the recession hit most of the well healed stopped ,

i suppose a lot of them cut out on luxurys when the **** hit the fan, also the media over here have dubbed the middle class the new poor as a lot of them were caught out with huge mortgages during the boom so a lot of them are skint

Back