Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

price increase

tench0771

when do u guys increase ur prices ive doen it this month as the summer is on its way nce wether and people r despert to get them cleaned i was a bit nurves as i havent uped any prices for 6 years so i thauld sod it im guna up the ones that need it an im very saprized with the reachion frm people not 1 has even blinked an eyelid so its a big :thumbsup: so far :cool:

Yea I Am thinking of a price increase next month on the ones at the lower end how much did you increase yours by?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I think now is a good time really with the start of the financial year. Out of interest how much did you up them buy tech or was it just depending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have done some at £2 that realy neaded it 1 comurshel at £5 but most at £1 i think spring is a good time to increase

i dident take the mic but i frazed it like this ( hi there will b a very small price increase buy x amount this year) do u guys think that sounds ok ?/emoticons/smile.png

Got me thinking about upping some of mine now. I know every price in my head, but if I put them up I know I'll forget to charge them the new rate :confused:

haha tuffers im the same just rember to change them prices on ur computer then when u print the list there there the upped prices /emoticons/wink.png/emoticons/smile.png

I put allot of mine up that summer there. Only 50p though. I lost I think 2 customers who didnt want to pay it. However most understood, and were quite happy. Some said its about time. At the end of the day the minimum wage goes up nearly every year. We will soon have to be thinking about pensions contributions for those of us who employ. The cost of everything else goes up along with it.

I often wonder, if the costs of service based business will every out way the benefits. Lets face it, you wont have someone come out to fix your toaster, you'll just replace it. If your on the minimum wage. How much is too much to pay someone to clean your windows. Is £6 for 15 minutes work too much when the person has to work an hour for that. Holidays, national insurance contributions, sick pay, pension contributions, and expenditure all has to be worked in to that £6. So its a fair price, but not really in some respects.

I hate paying £40 an hour for a mechanic to work on my van. If it needs expensive equipment or a ramp fair enough. But when its changed a light bulb, put on a new Tyre, replaced track rod ends. Err no, thats too much.

Inevitably, I think we will all do a little more of things like that in the future to save on the pennies. Maybe be better for it. So what about us windy's.

I think we are safe for now.

You raise a good few points there laddergarder.

I think we are safe for the moment. I have started putting my prices up over the last couple of months.....I like to stagger the process so that I can monitor the reaction. No objections at all, so far. There are however families on my books who I know are just scraping by, so I think I will leave their price as it is for the moment. Luckily, most of my customers are really well off (or appear to be), so a £1.00 or £2.00 price rise isnt going to hurt.

I would imagine that some people consider having their windows cleaned an absolute luxury and wouldnt dream of parting with their cash for such a service. Yet, on the other hand, some people would hate to be without a windowcleaner and will always pay for the service, whatever their income.......I have a young couple on my books who live in a tiny two bedroomed terrace. I get the impression that they are far from loaded (I could be wrong), yet she insists that I do her windows every two weeks. I think, if I was her, I would trim it to once every four weeks to save a bit of cash.

yep me not put up prices for a long time....mainly because of the recession.....but we are supposed to be edging out of it....well at least until the election is over when i am afraid we will all be hit down again.....i have plenty waiting but when i actually get down to putting them up i don't know...a lot i sneak up....well as said before if they ask how much? so i have stopped putting the price on my leaflet like i used to do....i am somewhat lucky with my no set cleaning time as it can be a while sometimes and people just cant remember.....however the main push on prices always comes from new work....and can't say i am really getting too much at the mo...

I started to put my prices up but I have to be careful as I dont have much work at the moment /emoticons/unsure.png lost two customers so Ive stopped for now. Newer customers have the price increase anyway so next year when I have more work they will increase to.

The thing is every year there is inflation no one stops buying bread at £1.29 a loaf, no one i rioting about a freddo being 20p when it used to be 10p, I remember going to the shop when I was little about 10 years ago for a loaf it was 50p, mars bar was 30p now there 64p I dont see why you cant put a 1.7% increase every year on the price since thats what inflation is at this year.

Window cleaners get hit by inflation so should are prices maybe 5% every 3 years or a suttle 1.7% every year. Doesnt sound loads but over 500 costumers and 13 times a year (if four weekly) makes a massive impact. Average £10 a house x 500 custys x 13 times a year evry year thats an extra £1105, in 5 years that an extra £5525.

I dont know what you all charge but there my figure on a average £10 per house for the average 4 weeklys maybe consider 3.4% for 8 weeklys Im sure you all no the figures /emoticons/smile.png

hi joshua, yes i once wanted to just put the prices up every spring by the annual wage rise inflation figures which are posted in the papers as i thought it would be a simpler system and save asking the custy as they would know every April they were going up, but i never got around to it..

..as for recently, i am only just getting back after a period off and there is little work around within this area so prices are kept lower...one day if i get too busy, well then, yes but at the mo there is so much competition around...

if i get a new job i will always sneak in how much did your last window cleaner charge? fifty percent let it slip if your lucky...

as a guide i have changed my email on my website and so i know just how many inquires are down to my site and in the last six weeks i have had about four.....one i dismissed ...sorry it wasn't possible to park within a quarter mile and it only had one up one down on the front....and i couldn't even get to the back so i gave up on that one....the others were all tiny so are only £6..and so it is hard to get established where there are so many windys already in the area.

I have been communicating to all my customer that the price is going up by £1, I lost 5 but got 2 back by leaving their prices for this year. They where immediately replaced by new customer the day they cancelled so no worry.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

im the same , this year put em up first time in years. it just feels right , i bought little green stickers to put on my slips "new price"

Maybe we shouldnt tell them and just say £20 today and when they say it was £15 last time just say do you complain about bread increasing without them telling you?

I joke I would never do that but it only seems right all I can say is good luck to them finding a cheaper one, I love it when they cancel because of price increase then a year or so later they realize there not going to get any cheaper and by that time you've added another £1. Even better is when they have had an extension where the back gate used to be? how do I get my ladder round the back.... They dont want a hose running through the house either its all time and extra money, using the neighbors house to gain enterance and you dont even clean there windows.

yes i have decided next time to just put on my note please note small price increase from next month and then on the back tell them how easy it is to cancel the service at the end of the day if it aint payin it aint worth doing as mr smurf says "its no use being a busy fool..."

Latest Posts

Back