Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

No power from pump!!

SMC CLEANING

Hi guys have just had a brand new system put in my van it's been wired up to my van battery as I have only just received my pole I've plugged it all in but nothing I'm at a loss have released the valve connected the hose and turned the digital control on it just says bat as well as 70 psi I'm assuming that means battery but if it wasn't connected to the battery then the control would not come on in the first place surely? No water seems to be going through the hose at all Please help as I'm at the end of my tether with it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try pressing the return button on the far right of the controller to get out of 'bat' mode to get back to 'flo'.

Just my first thought.

Also, can you hear any sound from the pump? A sound like it's starting and stopping. If you can get to 'flo', try zapping it up to 99 to get some water through your reel. If your reel is brand new, remember it will be full of air and a lot of water will need to be forced through it before it starts spouting out of your pole.

Yeh what you have described sounds about right does sound like the pump like it's starting and stopping. I have spoken to the bloke that fitted it and he said I may have blown the fuse and didn't give one pump enough time to calibrate as it's a two man system and I tried both pumps so I will have to try that tomorrow in the light. Thanks for the info thou I appreciate it.

Odd that he said you may have blown the fuse as you have power to the pump and controller by the sounds of it. When you look at it in the light try pressing and holding the up arrow button and the return (far right) button to show 'cal' to see what it's set at.

Yeh there is two taps for the two man system but I turned them both on

That's one thing defo ruled out then. When it said 'bat', was that the first time you had it turned on ever? Is this the first time you've used a controller and pump? Try tinkering tomorrow and post back. It'll get sorted :thumbsup:

First time it's be turned on yes I know how to use the controller as I've worked with them for a few years previously before I started my own company. But I have never set one up so have never seen the 'bat' dial before. I will do I appreciate your help will post back tomorrow.

Hang on, another thought. Do you have a multimeter? If so check the condition of your van battery. I'm just thinking that if your van battery is not charged high enough, it won't have the power to pump.

I don't have one no but I do know someone that does. I know what your saying but I'd hope when they fitted it that they should have checked it before they connected it. The battery is also brand new and I'm told it's the most powerful one you can get for the van.

Try and get the van battery checked if all else fails, but it sounds unlikely that it's that then. I have a 110ah leisure battery that charges off the van battery. Might be worth getting one in the future I'd have thought?

Got one already told them to wire it to that but they wired it straight to van battery had it done that way on my previous van worked a treat I'm not to good at all the wiring hence why I thought I'd pay the professionals.

What make/type contollers do you have?

"bat" flashing sign on a digifm controller means it has detected the battery current is too low so will not run the pump. Either the battery is indeed to low or the wiring used is restricting the current required some how.

Last edited by a moderator:
it could b ur conections frm flow controler to pump mine play up a bit if i pull apart then reconect it sorts it oul also try check for kinks in ur hose or ur 100m hose real could b wond on to tite

I've checked over it and it seems the the pressure is not going into the hose reel despite the pressure being 99 on the digital control it says 'de' as it's a two man system one was leaking a little and didn't seem to have much pressure and the otter one worked but when I turned the pressure up it cut out and the 'de' appeared any ideas?

Might not help but had something similar yesterday. Mine was a blockage disconnected hose reels and took off hose connecter and turned on, a piece of plastic flew out. DE I think means a stoppage ie when you turn the hose valve off.

Yeh seems right it's a brand new hose have sorted one pump so have attached it to that seems to be going threw to the reel but nothing more not threw yellow hose or the pole! What a headache these systems are!!

So, water is now going through the reel but not the pole hose yeah? Is there a tap or a kink in the pole hose? Try disconnecting the pole hose from the reel and see if water comes through just the reel. If so, you're nearer to solving it.

Stay on-line till it's sorted.

Latest Posts

Back