Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Resanding block pavers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Smurf

Did a patio block paver clean in October last year and got paid in full but did not get around to resanding until today due to bad weather. Now that has to be a record /emoticons/biggrin.png

Presumably you gave the customer some technical spiel that to sand in the spring would be more beneficial than doing it in the winter...!!!! lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would not have minded but the patio area was covered in pine needles and other **** where they could not be arsed to keep it clean moss was started to grow in the joints.

So a simple resanding job took me 3 hours to do as had to remove some moss and weeds from the joints.

At lesat I had the hindsight to buy a brass paving joint brush on a pole that worked quite well

[media]

[/media]
Also had to use a paving knife to get out the stubborn weeds.

stainless-block-paving-knife1.jpg

but forgot me blower...Oops!/emoticons/sad.png

To be honest I was hoping they had lost my phone number but at least I got a £20 tip at the end of the job /emoticons/biggrin.png

Presumably you gave the customer some technical spiel that to sand in the spring would be more beneficial than doing it in the winter...!!!! lol

I would not have minded but the patio area was covered in pine needles and other **** where they could not be arsed to keep it clean moss was started to grow in the joints.So a simple resanding job took me 3 hours to do as had to remove some moss and weeds from the joints.

At lesat I had the hindsight to buy a brass paving joint brush on a pole that worked quite well

[media]

Been getting me own patio ready for power washing could have done with them tools to day right pain getting the moss out, thought it would be better getting out before washing less to clean up at the end.? any way done now ready for cleaning next week if I get time, it wont be to your standard though smurf...lol it will be a quick once over..I hope

dont do it as part of the business mate, today was just sorting me own out, only got a crappy karcher would nt be any good for doing paid work with..wouldn't think.

I have thought about doing it as a add on but really don't want to be spending the money on the right equipment at the moment

I understand where you are coming from @Shiny as can be very expensive to setup but can also be very rewarding not just in monetary terms.:thumbsup:

To be honest I was hoping they had lost my phone number but at least I got a £20 tip at the end of the job /emoticons/biggrin.png
Bloody hell! How did they afford a £20 tip after they had to re mortgage thier house to pay you for the job???! /emoticons/biggrin.png

You must be getting good whether where you are mate, its far too damp here for resanding at the moment.

Well the work I do sort of speaks for itself really:thumbsup:

Lucky for me has been dry for the last 48 hours....

View attachment 2560

Bloody hell! How did they afford a £20 tip after they had to re mortgage thier house to pay you for the job???! :D
You must be getting good whether where you are mate, its far too damp here for resanding at the moment.

I would not have minded but the patio area was covered in pine needles and other **** where they could not be arsed to keep it clean moss was started to grow in the joints.So a simple resanding job took me 3 hours to do as had to remove some moss and weeds from the joints.

i know what to buy my dad for his birthday now thanks....

knew somebody who paid 600 quid to get their block paving clean and weed free / 6 months later full of weeds

Not good then but no matter what you do @boarcity weeds & moss will eventually grow back in between block paver joints. I always tell customer that after it’s been cleaned so is upto them to maintain the pavers afterwards to help keep it weed & moss free but most don’t bother. Even if you use a sealer afterwards to bond the sand between the joints can help prolong weed & moss growth if done properly but you can't beat Mother Nature I'm afraid.

knew somebody who paid 600 quid to get their block paving clean and weed free / 6 months later full of weeds

Not good then but no matter what you do @boarcity weeds & moss will eventually grow back in between block paver joints. I always tell customer that after it’s been cleaned so is upto them to maintain the pavers afterwards to help keep it weed & moss free but most don’t bother. Even if you use a sealer afterwards to bond the sand between the joints can help prolong weed & moss growth if done properly but you can't beat Mother Nature I'm afraid.
true one hundred years with out man and its all gone back to nature....anyway it be raining sand today.../emoticons/smile.png

Yep for me too as was covered from head to toe in dirty sand and **** cleaning a filthy block paved driveway & patio.

The block paved patio area was a nightmare to do as had no drainage as was surounded by garden walls. Oh deep joy...

Glad I was wearing wellies and waterproof gear though but sadly forgot me water wings /emoticons/biggrin.png

last year i had some tuff plant growing at the edge of my front and i sprinkled a line of rock salt on it , nothing has grown there since. years ago somebody told me if you drive a few copper nails into a tree trunk it kills the tree ,dunno if thats true?

Yep rock salt (sodium chloride) when used in small quantities is probably the most environmentally friendly chemical weedkiller of all. The salt makes an excellent weed killer when it is diluted in water. Rock salt works the best although you can use table salt if you cannot find any rock salt. The salt spreads through the soil and gets absorbed into the roots and dries out the plant.:thumbsup:

last year i had some tuff plant growing at the edge of my front and i sprinkled a line of rock salt on it , nothing has grown there since. years ago somebody told me if you drive a few copper nails into a tree trunk it kills the tree ,dunno if thats true?
Yep rock salt (sodium chloride) when used in small quantities is probably the most environmentally friendly chemical weedkiller of all. The salt makes an excellent weed killer when it is diluted in water. Rock salt works the best although you can use table salt if you cannot find any rock salt. The salt spreads through the soil and gets absorbed into the roots and dries out the plant.:thumbsup:
and now we are on gardeners world....top tip ....thanks will use that..../emoticons/smile.png

I can kill everything not just weeds so don't go spreading it around yer prized plants:D

I can kill everything not just weeds so don't go spreading it around yer prized plants:D
i do remember now a custy scattering table salt over her newly acquired marigolds to ward off slugs....your right there smurf it aint good for your plants:rofl:

Back