Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

fascia gutter soffit cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

rshandyman

Hi.I am looking for good fascia gutter soffit cleaning equipment (brushes,poles)which can reach up to 10 metres, any ideas?Can I use pressure washer to do them all instead?http://www.windowcleancentre.co.uk/productdetails.aspx?ProductID=362&SectionID=11

All depends what connector is fitted on the end of the pole hose. If it’s a male hozelock type connector then will fit a standard type garden half inch hose to connect to an outside tap. If not then you will need a conversion kit that the likes of @Alex Gardiner sells.

Myself I prefer to use chepo standard nylon male hozelock connectors on my pole hoses as I do alot of exterior house cleaning using (hot) tap water instead of wasting pure. Not only that I find the water pressure/flow rate from using an outside tap using a wfp makes it quicker to wash & rinse down. I would then finish off the exterior with a free window clean either by trad and/or wfp.

If customers don't have an outside tap I use (hot) pure water instead as my wfp minibore hose reels are fitted with standard female hozelock connectors. Like I mentioned before if you prefer to use other type quick connectors which there are many types you can get then you will need some bits to convert the pole hose connector to fit an garden hose reel. Which then can be put on and taken off when required.

I meant to connect that pole to the garden tap/hose.Smurf.what connectors do You use to connect to the customers hot water tap?Why not Use pressure washer with extendable pole to the gutters,soffita and fascia?

Yep that's what I said but the only difference I can connect a portable gas water heater to a cold outside tap for hot water. It's either mounted in my van/trailer or can be setup on a tripod. I also use the same portable gas heater for pure hot wfp work too.

You could also use a pressure washer & extenbable lance but I find it easier using a wfp. Also most customers don't like the idea of pressure washers being used and rightfully so as can damage plastics etc and can force water into the loft space.

I meant to connect that pole to the garden tap/hose.Smurf.what connectors do You use to connect to the customers hot water tap?Why not Use pressure washer with extendable pole to the gutters,soffita and fascia?

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks.I am starting window,gutter,fascia cleaning bussines so I need to start from scratch that is why my questions are basic but I need to find best equipment to do these things.any help appreciated.

No probs bud ...have a look around the forum as alot of good info has already been posted;)

also what set of ladders do I need and where is the best place to buy them.for window cleaning best A ladders?gutter cleaning ladders 8 metres longer?

rshandyman If you want to do windows, gutters, and facias. You can start of doing gutters and fascias by hand off a ladder. Then once you have a little money behind you, a backpack wfp, will allow you to clean the fascias pretty quickly. This can then also be used, for cleaning awkward windows, conservatory roofs etc.

What if a customer hasn't got an outside tap and they want the fascias cleaned?

For ladders I would recommend ladder4sale.co.uk, 6 meter trade ladders for window cleaning. However for gutter cleaning, I use a set of 30ft tripples.

thanks laddergarder.If a customer has not got outside tap I will need to do it by hand anyway. Let say that I have few quid saved up and I want to buy right equipment now to do these things.not to cheap not to expensive.What would You advice?

Back