Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help with george software if poss please

seye

Hi folks

You know some months your customer will ask you to not do windows that month as they are getting new windows fitted. in george do you put job through as suspended for one month.

cheers for any help.

On the due date just press the skip button this will just move to the next month missing the one clean customer requested I've been using George 4 years love it. No need to suspend job.

Geoff

You can reshedule a whole day at a time by right clicking a job on a certain day and then select add whole day to list then click ok then on the tab that loads click set all to and select the rescheduled date and then ok and the whole day will move to that date. I then click yes to abandon list. But so I dont get in a muddle I start with the last day in diary so jobs dont over lap days. Geoff might know a way to move the whole lot on a week or however long you are on holiday for lucky fellow /emoticons/smile.png

You can reshedule a whole day at a time by right clicking a job on a certain day and then select add whole day to list then click ok then on the tab that loads click set all to and select the rescheduled date and then ok and the whole day will move to that date. I then click yes to abandon list. But so I dont get in a muddle I start with the last day in diary so jobs dont over lap days. Geoff might know a way to move the whole lot on a week or however long you are on holiday for lucky fellow /emoticons/smile.png
Would doing that just add a days work onto another days work and not bump the work along? I'm sh!t on computers :laugh:

It would set to what ever date you enter work to be done on, but if you start with the last day in the diary view in george you should not get mixed up as george only schedules a months work at a time unless its a 2 monthly job. So for instance tomorrows work round whatever will only be scheduled for tomorrow and will not automaticly schedule again untill you have updated work done. :)

Hi all great subject this the reason for backing up your files is a format that George software uses so as you said whsts the point off backing up very important as if your computer breaks then you can just install George again on any other pc and restore all your data straight back from your backup file.

I use a usb memory stick and constantly back up to that each day.

George offer an online backup off about £10 per year but I find no need for this guess I'm a scrooge lol.

Hope this helps

Geoff

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

The backup file is a GEO file format the only programme to open it up properly will be George.

Looks like a load off Chinese if you try and open up with notepad etc.

As I said it's only ment as backup file and if your pc breaks or you have to format it then its just a matter off downloading George again from net and click on install backup.

As for moving on a week seye got it spot on move each day by right clicking on the top off the day.

Then press add whole day to list.

Pop up will come up look 3/4 way down

Set all to simply put in the next date you want to do the job.

Click ok

Will automatically move all that day to date you've moved.

As for moving whole week no can do at moment which I prefer daily anyway as it's so simple and i can move a week in less than 5 min anyway.

Hope this helps.

Geoff

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock