Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

seye

Help with george software if poss please

Tuffers

Does it tell you anywhere how many jobs you have on your books? Buggered if I know and I ain't gonna sit squinting at the screen counting them :laugh:

seye

Tuffers, if you print a finace report for a finacial month or for your usuall work cycle it will tell you how many jobs you have done over that period, you can view this on screen without having to print it off. Or you could select create a job and see what the next job no is and then just subract your number of cancelled or completed jobs from that and that will give you an idea of how many live jobs you have. Need anymore help just give me a SHOUT.

kahoona

seye you are becoming the George guru on this forum :thumbsup:

Tuffers
Tuffers, if you print a finace report for a finacial month or for your usuall work cycle it will tell you how many jobs you have done over that period, you can view this on screen without having to print it off. Or you could select create a job and see what the next job no is and then just subract your number of cancelled or completed jobs from that and that will give you an idea of how many live jobs you have. Need anymore help just give me a SHOUT.

Ta. None the wiser though :D

seye

lol Main Menu, Reports, Finance report Choose from and to dates from your cycle period or monthly period select print and then select view on screen bingo it will tell you how much you have made in that period expensses and profit and also total job count

seye
seye you are becoming the George guru on this forum :thumbsup:

Looks like it ;-) George has made my life so much easier it was money well spent.

kahoona

I want to back up my data in a non George format - does anyone know if it possible to "export" my jobs list to excel or word format for example.

seye

I dont think so as it might compramise the software but I might be wrong, I just print off all worksheets and debt lists and reports for work and accounting purposses, why is it you need to do that when everything is contained in george? If you can give an idea of what its for may be there is another answer.

kahoona

only really looking for a belt and braces back solution in the case of a black swan type of event happening to the vendors of George and suddenly the software stops working &/or they disappear altogether.

seye

That's a good point, if you go on to George website you can email I think it is Paul is his name he is very helpful he could advise you.

Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

seye

Hi Kahoona,

ok so I have been looking at george and there is a way to merge and export jobs you will find this under main menu, system , merge/Export. I have not done this myself so you maybe best asking Paul what the best way to do this is.

Seye

kahoona

Hi seye thanks mate I'm away this weekend but will check it out when I get back Monday and let you know how I get on.

kahoona

Hi Seye,

The Merge/Export command, just using the default setting, does exactly what I was looking for. cheers :thumbsup:

seye

Saved any hassle, I dare say that loop hole may be closed when writers of the software realise.

Mart1001
I dare say that loop hole may be closed when writers of the software realise.

Good point, I've therefore deleted my post.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.