Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

No Van No Work

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Smurf

Cam belt went on my van today so no work for me until I either get it fixed or scrap it and get another van.

Shite happens /emoticons/biggrin.png

Cam belt went on my van today so no work for me until I either get it fixed or scrap it and get another van.
Shite happens /emoticons/biggrin.png

that really is shite too ...i just went to pick the wife up in all my hobo clothes not had a shower/shave...and the thought did occur to me...what if i had a breakdown/accident...i do hope you sort something soon ...your going to need a pretty penny to fix that for sure..../emoticons/sad.png you should put that on a t shirt...**** happens...

okay forrest gump..

Cheers @cheapncheerful

It's more of an inconvenience to be honest as now I have to mess customers about that I hate doing until I get sorted out with transport. I don’t really want to hire a van to tide me over either as that’s just dead money that could be used to go towards another van if need be.

The good news is I’m looking forward to the unaspected break from work now

Yep I've read the book and got the t-shirt too so has this chap apparently./emoticons/biggrin.png

Zoo keeper Friedrich Riesfeldt (Paderborn, Germany) fed his constipated elephant 22 doses of animal laxative and more than a bushel of berries, figs and prunes before the plugged-up pachyderm finally got relief. Investigators say ill-fated Friedrich, 46, was attempting to give the ailing elephant an olive oil enema when the relieved beast unloaded. The sheer force of the elephant's unexpected defecation knocked Mr. Riesfeldt to the ground where he struck his head on a rock as the elephant continued to evacuate 200 pounds of dung on top of him. It seems to be just one of those freak accidents that proves... "**** happens"

i am so worried every mot time ...now over thankgod...anyway no doubt you have the dreaded paperwork to do:( better news soon hopefully....

reminds me when my car was in for its mot...someone up the road had to phone with the money sat waiting under a plant pot and her out of my way i had to get there but no car....so i took my loft ladder and borrowed the wifes car...no roof rack but it fitted inside....yes not my finest hour....the loft ladder was pretty crappy and not quite big enough....but got there in the end.... i defo know you wouldnt approve.....but now am older and wiser...hopefully and always listen to the papa smurf:)

Grab the ol' push bike and hit the tarmac /emoticons/biggrin.png but joking aside, hope you get it sorted soon. Definitely a right pain in the ass.

Not good papa. I dread what the Mrs said, especially after buying another trailer :confused:. How much is the van worth? If you decide to get another van, get a Dispatch as you'll get your gear in comfortably.

There are other alternatives */emoticons/wink.png*

Thats one of those one that gets you too gutted to get upset over if you know what I mean, hope you get sorted soon with out too much stress. A new van is going to have to be the focus for me this year as my wheels only scraped and I mean a scraped by a hair through its M.O.T. in Feb.

Thats a bad start to the new financial year mate, hope you get sorted soon. What milage have you on the van, only asking because the mechanic I use as said to me that I should be thinking about getting the cam changed. Think after hearing about yours going I will make arrangements to get it done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers @Shiny.. The van has done about 114k and the cam belt was changed 40k ago

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorted now but I don't own a bike /emoticons/biggrin.png

42294_4298868i.jpg

Grab the ol' push bike and hit the tarmac /emoticons/biggrin.png but joking aside, hope you get it sorted soon. Definitely a right pain in the ass.

Thanks bud:thumbsup:

Thats one of those one that gets you too gutted to get upset over if you know what I mean, hope you get sorted soon with out too much stress. A new van is going to have to be the focus for me this year as my wheels only scraped and I mean a scraped by a hair through its M.O.T. in Feb.

It's only worth abot £700 so not looking good to get it back on the road. Shame really as is a tidy van.

Not good papa. I dread what the Mrs said, especially after buying another trailer :confused:. How much is the van worth? If you decide to get another van, get a Dispatch as you'll get your gear in comfortably.
There are other alternatives */emoticons/wink.png*

Maybe not as the ifor williams trailer I pickup today weighs over 345kg without anything in it so I'm not going to try pushing that around the streets that's for sure /emoticons/biggrin.png

Now you can put that new trailer to good use /emoticons/wink.png

Hindsight is a wonderfull thing as now I wished I bought a big enough trailer to tow me knackered van about :laugh:

Back