Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

windyman

Battery terminals...

windyman

Hi,

Fitted my van system this weekend, few odd bits to finish off but happy with it.

One question tho. I have these type of terminals going to my leisure battery:

http://www.thetoolboxshop.com/standard-and-commercial-solderless-battery-terminals-258-c.asp

I just stripped the wire and screwed the screw down onto the bare wire- is this what ur meant to do?

Or is there a fixing I can put on the end of the wire to hold it to the terminal more securely?

Guest badbusdriver

What you have done is what you are meant to do, but strip enough of the wire so you can fold it over and twist it a couple of times to make it thicker, then you will get a better contact. Also, i would use some copper grease smeared over where it goes on to the battery.

windyman

Ok mate cheers. Thought I was doing it right, but wondered if was a better way as didn't seem to strong. Should be ok I suppose. Will copper grease stop the terminal sticking to the thingy?

Guest badbusdriver

The copper grease will ensure a good contact while at the same time, protecting against water. That's what mechanics use, or at least they used to when i worked in garages, not sure if they still do!?.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.