Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WFP vs TRAD

rugbywolf

I don't think wfp guys have got it right, I mean, are they giving a service or not? today, yet again, I have got a customer from a wfp cleaner because he would not go onto a single story flat roof to clean a window. The (wfp) ones I know won't go over garages, wall or gates. and yet it is these windows that customers can't reach, or don't want to leave gates unlocked, which are the ones that they want cleaning the most. I sometimes think that the convenience of wfp is for the operator not the customer.

Plenty of people out there with WFP and not a clue how to clean a window or maintain it yet alone how to climb onto a roof you occasionally need to do. All the the gear and no idea springs to mind. A lot of customers have judged all window cleaners who use the WFP by one bad experience. It's like a tool. Put a trowel in my hand and I can't build a beautiful stone wall. It's the same with WFP. What's more carbon poles have dramatically reduced how many times I need to get my ladders off.

I do both now and to be honest yes wfp upstair for my convenience and safety not customers but like any self respecting cleaner that does wfp I clean where it will reach and won't climb gates. I can say everything you just said about some tradders so are they giving a service? One bad apple doesn't make the orchard useless.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk

I don't think wfp guys have got it right, I mean, are they giving a service or not? today, yet again, I have got a customer from a wfp cleaner because he would not go onto a single story flat roof to clean a window. The (wfp) ones I know won't go over garages, wall or gates. and yet it is these windows that customers can't reach, or don't want to leave gates unlocked, which are the ones that they want cleaning the most. I sometimes think that the convenience of wfp is for the operator not the customer.
Do you mean ALL WFP guys or just the ones you've come across? I took a job on because the lady didn't like the trad guy gouging holes in her lawn.

Plus, I will get the 'A' frame out to unbolt gates and I will go on flat roofs and trad windows where it's a PITA to drag the gear to.

Maybe I'm not your average WFP operator?

Do you mean ALL WFP guys or just the ones you've come across? I took a job on because the lady didn't like the trad guy gouging holes in her lawn.
Plus, I will get the 'A' frame out to unbolt gates and I will go on flat roofs and trad windows where it's a PITA to drag the gear to.

Maybe I'm not your average WFP operator?
This argument about making holes in grass is a bit weak. I was out the other day, all day, and not once put my ladders in or on anyones' garden. Quite a lot these days are slabbed or hard in some way. As for all wfp? Well I can only comment on the ones I have spoken to, and that must be 85%.

This argument about making holes in grass is a bit weak. I was out the other day, all day, and not once put my ladders in or on anyones' garden. Quite a lot these days are slabbed or hard in some way. As for all wfp? Well I can only comment on the ones I have spoken to, and that must be 85%.
I'm not arguing, I'm stating a fact, she didn't like holes in the lawn from the ladder. She loves WFP for whatever reason, maybe because I don't cause damage to her property? Ever seen trad blokes kicking the bottom rung to get better grip on a lawn where the window is at an angle?

If you can do both trad and WFP, then kudos to you.

What is 85% btw?

I think its pretty lame when people slate WFpole work, the same as when people slate trad. I've taken on a lot of work from WFPers recently, but thats down to the person, not the system used.

It is the person & not the system. Me personally I prefer trad but that's just my preference. I got a job off a wfp guy & the lady showed me the windows & they were horrible. I traded her house except for one window which I did with my backpack. Now I don't claim to be an expert on wfp but the window was 100% better. She asked why. I said either the guy don't know what he's doing or his water is ****. Needless to say I got the job. All trad by the way. Both methods are good. Both have + & -. As I said my preference is trad but wfp does do a good job done right

Statistically a cleaner is more likely to get killed or badly injured using ladders at any height than a pole be it trad or wfp.

unless of course you trip up and break your neck as you walk along .....or end up in a fish pond...or down the steps...:eek: this of course is going to be a long running post....me i plan to go hybrid so i will stay neutral and watch the fight....ding ding..../emoticons/biggrin.png

I've just got myself setup with WFP (been trading 10 years). Tried my own house and was quite impressed for my first attempt. (one or two bits of spotting). But I also intend to be hybrid. Some customers dont want WFP so will continue trad with them. But others do want WFP to reach awkward windows, velux windows and even solar panels. So I will use WFP for those customers.

From my initial use, I will say that I think WFP is going to be quicker and easier to use.

As regards climbing over fences garages etc. I used to do all that, but now get customers to leave gate open or ask for key etc.

hmmm ...now your taking the.....i live on a bloomin ladder....mind you went for a tow rope for the neighbour after i kindly snapped his trying to get the daughters car back on the drive and was surprised to hear our local car accessory shop say...we don't stock them as they are illegal now...what...apparently its all poles now and no, not the car washing type....,

and yes some contract work will specify wfp to comply with h and safety......but not quite a ladder ban yet....tell b and q then....although i will go with mr smurf and say we should all use the proper safety equip ...life after all is priceless..

..christopher reeve means we should ban horse riding....:rofl:

ditto ...Barney well said:)

Last edited by a moderator:

You have a point, sometimes though I give a go away price to a potential customer, because I don’t want the hassle of the job or either to have them quibble over the price. Surprisingly you get some of these jobs, but then they are too good to even think about turning down.

Did a really filthy 1st clean last week, easier and convenient to do it trad in this case, now, it will be maintained by wfp, because it’s far quicker & easier, so no TRAD vs WFP in this case

Richard

have houses due clean with sloping roofs below them and leads small upper windows, larger lower windows ladder needs footed by person and guy gives me a hand cant at the min.

wouldnt minded having a w.f.p. to get them done

Back