Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

£2000 in six months

WCF

Help Support WCF:

A couple of points I would like to interject here.

Firstly, Luc has decided to get pro active knocking on doors, and he has found success with it, and the old adage is true, success breads success. His confidence has grown and he no longer takes it personally when told to f*c* off!

It really is a numbers game, I went to do a quote I got through an internet lead today and the other houses on the strip were minging, so I started knocking 14 houses, 9 answered 5 signed up and the other 4, well you probably wouldn't want on your books (barterer friends Mr Smurf calls them) I had a whale of a time, had a great laugh doing it and all because I go with the attitude of 'well they wouldn't be the first person to tell me to f**k off now would they?'

Some of you will find canvassing hard, but it is more than just signing a customer, you get to find out about other windies in the area, prices being charged, how long there's been no one about and most importantly, where the really hot custies live! /emoticons/wink.png

ROI (Return on investment) when it comes to marketing you will find no greater ROI than door knocking, after all, It's free. The more you do it, the more comfortable you get and the more customers you pick up.

Sometimes it is even better not to be too slick as you come across more like a window cleaner than a salesman.

Good luck.

True Green Take yesterday I was doing bungalows I was thinking man this is going to be a hard nut to crack but first door knocked £15 fourth door £10 and so on along with having a chat with some of the old timers that some I didn't even sign up three cups of tea later I called it a day £100 for two hours canvassing I had a big smile on me face you just can't beat it.

Its certainly not for everybody i did an hour today, got one custie, but im easily discouraged. Still theres more than one way to build a round, got a lad to help me leaflet/canvass tomorrow evenng so will see how that goes

A point I forgot to mention.

As Adam just said, out for an hour for one customer, but that is on a week day, no school holidays or anything, so the custies you want (ones with jobs that can pay the window cleaner) are probably all out at work.

I have said on other threads the best canvass time is (IMO) Saturdays 11-3 Sundays - 2-5 and best of all bank holidays 11-4

Also school holidays are killer as parents are home with little shi*s,........eeeermrmm I mean kids.

Summer evenings can be productive but never waste time by trying to canvass after sundown as they cant see how shi**y their windows look.

Adam having somone with you is a great way to get motivated as well you can have a bit of completion going.

I do find evening hard work as well but it is the best time, instead of trying to get X amount in just try and extend the amount of time your out door knocking, 1 hour the first night 1hour 30 min the second and build it up don't worry about getting customers just get used to being out.

cheers luc yeah looking to get £500 a week not to fussed how long it takes really but by the end of summer at the latest! I'm going smash canvassing now iv got my flyers not worried about at all tbf but only time will tell lol

the way im lookin at it it now luc is just go out for an hour and and dont take it too seriously, i think you can build it up in your head like i must get results and be dissapointed if i dont and get defeated. im trying to look at is as if its just a task i have to do for the day like going to the gym cant really be arsed but feel better when its done.

To be honest im movin home in a month and its a much more populated area and i will literally be able to go out for an hour or two here and there at my own pace with thousands of houses in walking distance. whereas where i am now im bang in city centre in an apartment so have to drive 10 mins in any direction to get to houses.

Adam that will help moving to a more populated area, you have over 50 customer Adam? If so don't doubt yourself you will find another 50 and so on.

It's easy to get discouraged you wouldn't be human if you didn't, last Friday I was out for more than an hour for one customer, Sunday afternoon I was out no customers it does happen but it didn't stop me going out Monday or Tuesday.

Willpower is like a muscle you need to keep training it you'll get there Adam you have 50 customers already:)

Started canvassing this morning 10:00 nice estate about 60 houses all four bedroom detached each house would be around the £15 mark, knocked the first door old lady says we've got a windy hes been doing them for twenty years i say that's fine no problem so move onto the next house she says the same I had that for 2 hours, in the end I knocked on a door and said I'm the local window cleaner would you like your windows cleaned for £20.00 (just to get a reaction) the lady says "no that's way to expensive my window cleaner only charges £7.00". I wish I'd done that on the first door to save 2 hours of my life.

Had lunch got back to it started an estate that some may think would be difficult to clean wfp but thought I'd give it a go 1 hour canvassing £80 finished at 4 with 15 new customers £150.00 and 200 houses to go /emoticons/smile.png and the window cleaner finished 18 months ago with no other cleaners, you know what I'm doing the rest of the week...

These house are great to clean two windows and a door at the front and three window and a door at the rear ten minutes work...

I'm knocking the £1300 mark by this weekend I will have three weeks worth of first cleans, really looking forward to it even though its going to be hard work.

Sorting my van out tomorrow but will be out in the evening.

i wasted an hour of my time tonight in a estate

fair play the windie in the area has literally every house and they alll gleaming i knocked ABOUT 60 DOORS AND LEFT THE REST CAUSE WAS WALKING past and they all spotless ,.. aw well another area down

It's going to happen I just wanted to prove to myself I could knock all these doors get nothing and still carry on.

Did 3 hours this morning in diff area, hard going nothing for first hour, all i was getting was already have a windy. then did a load of terraced, managed to pick up 2 next hour.

Then tried a new build estate and every single house was mint, everyone i spoke to had same windy, finished up by asking corner shop and got that at 6 quid lol

Overall difficult but still got 2 x £12 and a 6 quid shop plus a couple of maybes who i said i would knock tomorrow when i do the others, still got a couple of 100 leaflets out so lets see if i can nick 1 off them.

Hardly a world beater but 30 more quid a month than i had yesterday. Moving house in 2 weeks, clocks go back next week, looking forward to getting an hour or two an evening in, just got to stay consistent now and keep plugging, my target is 100 custies minimum by august when i have booked whizz bizz in i have 60 now so should make it but secretly hoping to smash it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeh Adam it's all heading in the right direction mate, my day didn't go to plan it just hasn't stopped raining probably should have dropped leaflets but decided to have the day of:)

Adam once I've built my round up I can give you a hand if you want save you some money, can give you a couple of days in the summer I usually head up to the folks in Newcastle and can stop of if you want just let me know.

Very kind offer luc I may just hold you to that....its always good to have a break Im dreaming about window cleaning at the minute lol

Got a couple more this morn only £6 fronts off the leaflets I dropped yesterday. weekend off busy with kids now. See if I can grab a few next week.

First time I've read this thread. Just read all 8 pages. Well done all. Luc, you're getting some good priced houses and they say there's no money in Cornwall. Is it a myth?

Tuffers I think people will pay good money for good reliable service ive got nearly 100 customers and my Cleaner Planner is telling me the average customer house is £13.75 I'm really liken that.

The feed back I'm getting is a windy will start, turn up about three times then disappear I don't know why...

Latest Posts

Back