Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

2 tds meters giving different readings

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Diamond geezer

Bought a new hand held CE tds meter from Amazon,the one i had came with my P/F 4,40 system witch was all s/hand about 3yrs ago the batteries ran down surprisingly fast evident in difficulty reading faint display, the new un was only about 5 quid looks exact the same apart from pink control buttons they swich on far more positively than the old one and the display is fantastic.Whats even better its reading 0ppm where as the olden reads 3ppm mains water 350ppm.550ppm on the new one What should i do please

Bought a new hand held CE tds meter from Amazon,the one i had came with my P/F 4,40 system witch was all s/hand about 3yrs ago the batteries ran down surprisingly fast evident in difficulty reading faint display, the new un was only about 5 quid looks exact the same apart from pink control buttons they swich on far more positively than the old one and the display is fantastic.Whats even better its reading 0ppm where as the olden reads 3ppm mains water 350ppm.550ppm on the new one What should i do please
If you read through the forum or looked at valued trade suppliers websites you'd notice that HM digital are the industry leader

The worst mistake make by many starting out is Ebay stay away from it and other cheapo suppliers. You'll waste money and get your fingers burnt

that, or, look at daqua's website you used to get calibration fluid, from memory it was set at 347 so if your meter said 345 you were two out, just get yourself a proper one and not be tight on the cost,-it will at some point bite you big time but at your tds of 3 to 5 i'd not be too worried for the next month or so till you get it sorted, have a chat to doug @doug atkinson

Back