Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

35ft / 40ft pole advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DansClearView

Hi all
After a bit of advice on poles for much higher windows. Did my first clean on a 4 storey building today. When I did the quote, I ran my 30ft wcw phantom hybrid up to check length - needed another section - don't use this pole at height as I find it way too bendy.
Have a 25ft phantom carbon pole which is fine for bend and flex at 25ft so ordered 2 extension sections.
However, found it quite bendy at the extra extension and very difficult to lift off the glass to rinse. Quite a strain to lift of as well (I'm not the strongest ?).
Thankfully I only needed the extension for half a dozen windows.
Thanks

Hi all
After a bit of advice on poles for much higher windows. Did my first clean on a 4 storey building today. When I did the quote, I ran my 30ft wcw phantom hybrid up to check length - needed another section - don't use this pole at height as I find it way too bendy.
Have a 25ft phantom carbon pole which is fine for bend and flex at 25ft so ordered 2 extension sections.
However, found it quite bendy at the extra extension and very difficult to lift off the glass to rinse. Quite a strain to lift of as well (I'm not the strongest ?).
Thankfully I only needed the extension for half a dozen windows.
Thanks
Can’t advise with your poles as we don’t use them , but over 30 feet I would rinse on the glass , far less strain on the body

Just tip the brush to one side and drag it back to the edge of the window fame. You will have a flow of water from the one jet off the glass. I'm right-handed, so I start on the right-hand side of the window at the top, tilt the brush head to about 30 degrees and drag the brush slowly to the left-hand side. Hopefully, you have a curtain of rinse water flowing down the window.

@DansClearView I live in a townhouse that has limited access and even an SLX I find a bit bendy at height when cleaning my own windows (SLX 18 with two extensions), so your job must have been very tough. Exactly as the other guys have said I try rinsing on the glass. I also use a very lightweight brush at height. I looked at a few videos of rinsing on the glass and I'm pretty sure it's on a Gardiner YouTube video thay I found the most useful technique. There seems to be a few different methods, but that's the best one I found.

Latest Posts

Back