Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How Many Rejections Can You Take

WCF

Help Support WCF:

If you are quick, try and find some new build areas. I have a few sites where we do the internal cleaning for the house builder & once the clients are in, I will usually chap their door and see if they would like to use us for window cleaning.

This is a new test for me as before I never bothered, but recently picked up a lot more builders cleans so decided to try & add a long term business plan to the areas I'm in.

Need to be quick though, already had windy's queuing up when clients move in, a couple of them have been asked to leave as they pester clients for the cleaning

Years ago when I was Keen, I would work on a Saturday, and it's surprising how many people are at home who are not when your'e round cleaning windows, and ask you to do theirs. I gained quite a few customers that way.- I don't work Saturdays anymore!!!

im still picking up one a week and thats without knocking on doors or posting flyers lately!

just got one this morning from a neighbour of one i priced up at a tenner and took my nearly an hour as it hadnt been cleaned in months after she got rid of the last guy becuase he changed to wfp as it goes and she wasnt happy with the spotting!

so it was worth me taking my time to make sure i did her windows good and using the magic sponge on certain little bits and its paid off with her now being a regular and her neighbours just phoned me up so looks like ive got anouther regular there too!

im happy with gaining one a week,rome wasnt built in a day a they say !!!!

I have been out for the last 2 days, my first week! nothing yet but as you say... Rome was not built in a day. Google maps shows very few cleaners in my town, but I no there will be more, I have all so only seen 1 team of 2 cleaning windows in my area in the last week & half ( I have been looking!) & I have not had a window cleaner knock on the door or put a flyer through in like a year, so fingers crossed /emoticons/smile.png

To be honest I have been here feeling miserable and not getting enough customers.

I have now over 100 customers and all I want is about 140 customers a month over a 3 week cycle.

I found posting tickets through doors very difficult and more or less pointless but I did pick u pa few from this.But what you have to remember is those few you do pick up once your up those ladders people spot you and begin to trust and you get walk ups.And whats more on a walk up there WANTING you its not you pestering them so you know you have got them so whatever you quote add a £1 on top for luck.......trust me it works on most.

Also while your doing windows anyone on back garden have a happy whistle it lets the neighbour know your there and if you sound friendly they might engage in chat or even better just say to neighour nice day have a joke with them.BUT DONT ASK IF THEY WANT THERE WINDOWS DOING.....while your doing windows watch them if you can to see if there watching you in reflection of window if they are shake your clothes a bit basically go overboard on detailing trust me they notice !.

I have found advertising for free on yell.com has got me far more customers than flyers have.

Im at point now where I don't need to put flyers out but I could do with about 20-30 more customers and I rely on walk ups or word of mouth as I want a more compact round.

Window cleaning at the start is like a snowball going downhill.It gets better as it goes along once your doing around 20 a week it starts to pick up and get easier also do the windows at a weekend at the start ,its very true more people at home and in garden and remember make sure they know your there GET WHISTLING and sound happy.

Back