Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A bit of a rant!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Personally, I'd tell her to jog on, and question her saintly handyman, as to where exactly he got the debris from and did he just not take some of the stuff you took out of the gutters, out of the customers' bin I'd want to know exactly where this handyman got the debris from, no doubt he's quite friendly with the customer and found out the price you'd charged and thought I'll have some of that,

If you spent hours cleaning the debris from the gutters and then washing down the plastics no way would I give a refund it's like you're admitting that you are guilty of something you haven't done and this angel of a handyman will get away with lying and be trying allsorts on in the future and taking peoples money dishonestly,

I'd stand my ground and wouldn't have someone pish all over my reputation because she'll be slating you to everyone regardless of whether you refund her or not and your reputation will definitely be tarnished.
100% agree with you. I would not be refunding any money when I would be 100% confident that I did the job properly. Refunding would be admitting guilt. I would also be having a toe to toe with the handy man with the customer handy and show them the black specs the gutters as paint speckles. Done nothing wrong, what's to lose? Too many questions I would be asking. Does the handy man exist and you are being played, (too many people think old aged customers are whiter than white when in reality most of my worst customers in the past have been aged over 60 and feel they are owed something) and if he does exist would he be happy to repeat exactly what he told your customer to your face? Oooooor, a **** job was done, got caught out and feel the need to rant for some attention.

Second hand Go-Pro, that has a wireless ability connected to your phone, off Ebay, camera attachment for your WFP off Gardiners. I hand my customer my phone for them to watch real time how bad the gutters are while recording for my own records.
Small memory stick back at home and download footage before and after via PC. with customers details.
Could be classed as overkill but had 2 customers in a week claim that I did not clean their gutters properly and "We'll tell everyone".
Letters to both customers reminding them that we have footage on record etc with exact time and date and we would be happy to forward to our solicitors and let them take matters further.
Not had a problem since.

Now we just drop it casually into convo with customers that we hold the footage and matter of course. Also we can record any damage to gutters/lower chimney stacks/roofs that may need attention. More than once a customer has asked if we can view and record if any work has been completed by builders etc at height and more than happy to provide them with footage. Sadly also more than once we've recorded damage that the "builder" has charged for and not completed.

I live in area where everyone knows everyone. There's a saying that if you farted in 1 village as you were leaving, news would get to the other village that you had **** your pants before you were passing the "Welcome to................ Please Drive Carefully" sign. To us our reputation cannot be counted in money.

This is now perfect for me as my son is now working on his own so he gets all the add ons. - where as before I passed on to a few other windies winners all round ?
Good to keep things within the family as you know him and his family will benefit and he might even treat you to an afternoon in the pub

He can handle his drink still, it's the steps out of the pub he can't handle ?
Went over my local last Sunday to meet the lads to watch Chelsea v City and celebrate our mates birthday.
We get onto the karate juice, but my mate jukebox was drinking a shot between each pint as it was his birthday we were celebrating.
He was in a bad way by tennish, so we told him to get home.
He walked out the doorway, tripped on the step and fell into the car park knocking out one of his front teeth ??.
Talking of which, it’s that wonderful time again ??.
Have a great weekend fellow windies ???‍?

Many years ago we were asked to clear gutters and clean gutters and fascias for a neighbour of a regular customer.

No one was home when we did the job, so we went back later for the money. He's first words were, "how do I know you cleaned the gutters?" "I'll get my ladders off the van, and you can go up there and inspect them." "I'm scared of heights." "Well, I am sorry about that, but you will just have to take my word for it. You can always ask a friend who isn't afraid of heights to come and check them for you. I'll wait."

He very reluctantly paid up. When we left, we decided that we needed to take before and after photos of any new customer jobs, so we have proof we did the job, ensuring that part of the background is something they recognize on the ground, such as a flower bed, flower pots, etc.

We also use some tall A frame ladders for getting over locked gates. We also take a photo of that, as we have had an issue with this before.

These are not the kind of customers we want on our round. Once the issue has been settled, they are dropped from our customer base.

Guess what? This husband's wife approached me asking if I would quote to clean her windows while we were working next door. ?

She's lovely, but once bitten twice shy is the old saying.

I was polite though in turning down the job as my previous experience with him had nothing to do with her.

Latest Posts

Back