Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Old Varistream

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Andy

iv got a old digital varistream controler. it turns on ok green light shows the water setting digital number shows up but it wont run the pump. it was working fine one day next not. Iv tried the pump straite to battery and that works fine any idears.

Thanks

Sorry @Andy as I've just seen your post...have a look in resources as there are 2 downloads for varistream controllers that may help.

Hi smurf iv bought a new one now even when the varistream is turned off the pump is still live power wise. Its like me old and worn out me thinks. but thanks for the links

If it is the latest Varistream (Hoover for vacuum cleaner springs to mind) then it does still consume power when off. You can hear a click of the pump if you reconnect the battery. The Varistream constantly monitors battery charge condition with the lines that give an indication of charge when you press the + pad. (We found that this new model Varistream will discharge a fully charged 85 amph leisure battery by 25% in a week if left idle.)

On the first one we added an ON/OFF switch between the battery and the Varistream mounted next to the Varistream. This is switched off at the end of the day to save power.

At the same time I purchased this, I also purchased a second one as a spare and we have four Varistreams working- one is still an old analogue controller. As this spare controller is well out of warranty now, I drilled a hole in the side casing and inserted an ON/OFF switch with an LED warning light for convenience. I made sure that the hole I drilled wouldn't interfer with the internal Varistream electronics board with the switch fitted.

At the same time I purchased this, I also purchased a second one as a spare and we have four Varistreams working- one is still an old analogue controller. As this spare controller is well out of warranty now, I drilled a hole in the side casing and inserted an ON/OFF switch with an LED warning light for convenience. I made sure that the hole I drilled wouldn't interfer with the internal Varistream electronics board with the switch fitted.

you be the top man for the electrics knowledge....keep it up:)

Latest Posts

Back