Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Aches & pains

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Haha this thread is funny at least Scottish was a pure wind up. Dazmond totally believes that he his right 😳
I love a drink at weekends also in both of my local pubs people from all walks of life decent folk enjoying the social banter. there is people out there that are old drunks and junkies just like Dazmond that have no self control and make a complete spectacle of them selves because they are weak by not being able to control their addictions.

Dazmond when you are playing drums do you lecture men and women who are having a drink that they are achoholics or do you only play drums in church even they like a drop of wine on a Sunday lol.

I think it's a great achievement that you have stopped drinking but it's also maybe somewhat sad that you can't have a drink, without the potential of plunging into addiction again,

One of my best mates who a grew up with from the age of 5 died because he just couldn't stop with the drink and drugs,

I have probably had more alcohol and done more drugs than you and was surrounded by addiction even in a somewhat sleepy village, I got my **** together and got married then we moved somewhere else, some of the same people are doing the same things,

But I am able to live my life and have a few drinks, it never affects my ability to do things or go to work and work hard to support my family.
You live a normal life just like a lot of others me included.

Roll on the weekend 😀

Haha this thread is funny at least Scottish was a pure wind up. Dazmond totally believes that he his right 😳
I love a drink at weekends also in both of my local pubs people from all walks of life decent folk enjoying the social banter. there is people out there that are old drunks and junkies just like Dazmond that have no self control and make a complete spectacle of them selves because they are weak by not being able to control their addictions.

Dazmond when you are playing drums do you lecture men and women who are having a drink that they are achoholics or do you only play drums in church even they like a drop of wine on a Sunday lol.

Of course not!no person(whether an alcoholic or not)likes to be told that they maybe should cut down on their drinking but ESPECIALLY if they DO have a drinking problem these people are the most deluded and defiant and defensive about their own drinking....

Paradoxically not drinking alcohol makes me a much stronger person both mentally and physically.👍

Each to their own lads...knock yourself out!but anybody drinking upwards of 20 units in one session and over 70 units a week are asking for trouble health wise

Mind how you go....
Driving a car or walking down the street is just as much of a danger and can be done without a drink but will still potentially result in a fatality,

Life it's self is a risk and roll of the dice every day, nowt wrong with doing things in moderation and pushing the limits once in a while,

I don't think any of the lads on here that I know have a real issue compared to the people I knew in my youth and moved away from, you are comparing some us to the likes of people you knew in your past and now help at AA

I had serious addiction issues with everything almost 25 years ago and haven't had those issues since I met my wife, I'm still alive and still able to enjoy alcohol in moderation and don't have other addiction issues.

Of course not!no person(whether an alcoholic or not)likes to be told that they maybe should cut down on their drinking but ESPECIALLY if they DO have a drinking problem these people are the most deluded and defiant and defensive about their own drinking....

Paradoxically not drinking alcohol makes me a much stronger person both mentally and physically.👍
Good for you how many years did it take to realise your own problems eventually you realised and sorted it 👍 you come across that you think everyone is a like yourself, your life will be a lot my straight forward and better if you don’t judge people with your own standards.
People are very different for good or worse, I personally have many faults/weaknesses that I’m fully aware of, most normal people realise that 👍 I’m sure these AA meetings are good for the real achoholics - but it’s our age group that have brought up families that get on with everyday life a few drinks with good company on the weekend winding down don’t hurt unless you are a addict of course.

Like yourself I have seen achoholics destroy themself many times including my own brother who sadly hung himself 8 years ago.

Each to their own lads...knock yourself out!but anybody drinking upwards of 20 units in one session and over 70 units a week are asking for trouble health wise

Mind how you go....
You are judging me with your standards. During the 1st Covid lockdown I didn't drink 10 small bottles of beer a week. On a Saturday night we had Italian food delivered from our favourite restaurant that gave their regulars 2 free bottles of Peroni. Invariably the 2nd bottle was poured down the sink half full. If we'd been in the restaurant I'd have had 10.

Off to Poland Saturday for a few days where the beer is very cheap, so going to enjoy myself.

Or should I? Don’t want to be considered an alcoholic 🤔

There's some proper pussies on here, I'm 60 and cleaned circa 450 flats with my son over the last 3 days. About half of these 3 floors and the other half 4, with a few 5.
Currently in the Indians on my 2nd 660ml Cobra, after 5 pints in the pub and got to be in Chatham at 8 tomorrow morning to do 3 x 4 floor blocks. Who needs the gym when you're pushing poles all day. As for getting protein when a garlic nan is available. Enjoy your boring mundane lives lads 😁
Once - as per Marlborough ads ‘Real men’ smoked - at least five of the men who stared in those ‘real men’ ads died of smoking related diseases - ignoring scientific facts can be deadly.

NHS recommends no more than 14 units a week spread across 3 days or more. That’s 6 pints of 4% beer a WEEK (max)

Most now agree smoking is obviously deadly - so is regularly exceeding sensible drinking.

Much of toxic masculinity is harmful

Last edited:
Once - as per Marlborough ads ‘Real men’ smoked - at least five of the men who stared in those ‘real men’ ads died of smoking related diseases - ignoring scientific facts can be deadly.

NHS recommends no more than 14 units a week spread across 3 days or more. That’s 6 pints of 4% beer a WEEK (max)

Most now agree smoking is obviously deadly - so is regularly exceeding sensible drinking.

Much of toxic masculinity is harmful
My "pussies" quote was everyone complaining about aches and pains and age. My Grandfather died os sclerosis of the liver so I fully understand the risks of alcohol. However I wouldn't take much notice of the NHS as my "ideal" weight, according to the NHS, is just over 14 stones, I am 6' 5" tall and will be dead for 6 months to get to that weight.
Ultimately it is our choice how we live and personally I'm doing it large. If this means I die 5 - 10 years earlier than some then that is the risk I'll take

My "pussies" quote was everyone complaining about aches and pains and age. My Grandfather died os sclerosis of the liver so I fully understand the risks of alcohol. However I wouldn't take much notice of the NHS as my "ideal" weight, according to the NHS, is just over 14 stones, I am 6' 5" tall and will be dead for 6 months to get to that weight.
Ultimately it is our choice how we live and personally I'm doing it large. If this means I die 5 - 10 years earlier than some then that is the risk I'll take
Elvis sand a very profound lyric in one of his more unknown songs.

‘What’s the point of reaching ninety, if you don’t live eighty nine’ 🤔👍

There's some proper pussies on here, I'm 60 and cleaned circa 450 flats with my son over the last 3 days. About half of these 3 floors and the other half 4, with a few 5.
Currently in the Indians on my 2nd 660ml Cobra, after 5 pints in the pub and got to be in Chatham at 8 tomorrow morning to do 3 x 4 floor blocks. Who needs the gym when you're pushing poles all day. As for getting protein when a garlic nan is available. Enjoy your boring mundane lives lads 😁
The poster is just being honest about how age catches up with us all. How much of your post is fact or fiction,only you know. I know one thing though,if what you say is remotely true,your body is f***d like the rest of us.

What makes you think he’s an alcoholic?
He likes a good few beers, nothing wrong with that.
I reckon I do around 30-35 pints over a weekend and I’m certainly not an alcoholic as I hardly drink during the week.
I do agree with him about there being some boring gits on here 😆😘
Everyone to their own, mate. I'd call 30 to 35 pints over a weekend binge drinking. We all enjoy different things. One man's boredom is another man's pleasure. I love travelling the world,seeing different things and talking to people. You prefer sitting with your 35 pints. It's about choices

I'm off to Ibiza in a few weeks,I suppose I'll just 'exist' while I'm over there seen as i'll not be drinking any alcohol whatsoever!😆👍
Think you’ ve misread my post pal. I never said you have to drink alcohol to “live” or vice versa. I quoted a specific part of Steve’s post as a reference to living your life to the max whatever you enjoy doin not necessarily having a social drink. This topic seems to get your back up everytime it’s brought up so sorry if I offended you. I myself have cut right back on drinking as was doin too much and was finding it hard to regulate as I’m an all or nothing person. I ain’t a preacher though and what other people do is their business, as Ive said before each to their own so calm down abs let other people enjoy “their” life the way they want. Have a good weekend👍

So you think if you don't drink alcohol then you must just 'exist'(as in waiting to die?🤣🤣)and that you can't live life without alcohol?
That's drinkers for you. They all think everyone else is boring because they don't drink when all they are really doing is topping up to mask other issues. They are all argumentative and run others down. That's the mo in my experience.

Latest Posts

Back