Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Overweight Van Pulled Over By Police

WCF

Help Support WCF:

D

DanC

A friend of mine got pulled over yesterday by police and was driven to a weighing center, he was 200Kg overweight and told if he didnt drop some of his load he would be fined £1250 plus costs.

Its actually quite worrying as he had a Peugeot Expert van with a 500 litre tank on board. He had no ladders on the top too, just his every day equipment. He had the tank on the back end of his van for some

reason and it must of looked very low on the back end! No ideas why he didnt have it by the bulk head.

I wouldnt be surprised if we start seeing more of this happening to us as we are now getting known for carrying alot of weight!

He now has to buy a new bigger van as he goes to London on a full tank very often! He cant do his work unless he has a full tank.

He been told if he gets stopped again and is over he could lose his licence and will be an even bigger fine!

Has anyone else been stopped for a heavy load?

just shows you what weight we carry in the vans and how you have to make sure you are under the payload!

upgraded my vans payload from 600kg to 800kg!

If its the old shape then a 500l tank is too big.

If its the new shape then Doubtul he would be over weight.

very dangerous most small van tyres also arn`t rated to carry that load either so new tyres all around.

I had to upgrade to a relay van with 1500kg pay load

putting the tank over the rear wheels will put the rear axle over its limit, no you shouldnt drive overweight, for wfp you really need a van with at least 1000kg payload

Doesnt the peugeot experts have a 1000kg Max loading weight?

So 500 litre tank is 500kg

He must weigh 100kg

Where is he getting 200kg Overweight from?

Even if he had a full tank of fuel thats another 80kg.

So do you think its because he had the tank all on the back over the rear wheels?

Doesnt the peugeot experts have a 1000kg Max loading weight?

So 500 litre tank is 500kg

He must weigh 100kg

Where is he getting 200kg Overweight from?
The old experts were 900kg.

Tank of fuel 60kg

Spare wheel 20kg

Ladder and rack 30-40kg

Tank and frame 50-75kg

Hose reel 15kg

It soon mounts up.

The old experts were 900kg. Tank of fuel 60kg

Spare wheel 20kg

Ladder and rack 30-40kg

Tank and frame 50-75kg

Hose reel 15kg

It soon mounts up.
That's assuming he had the 900kg model as well. As most were 810ish.

500L tank, water fuel and him would = a good 650-700kg

That's assuming he had the 900kg model as well. As most were 810ish.

500L tank, water fuel and him would = a good 650-700kg
he probably had a 35ft brodex pole that took him upto 1000kg hahahahahaha

Axle weight?
What do you mean Axle weight? Its got me a bit worries cos he only lives up the road from me, it could be that they are starting to pull over wfp guys, easy to see when we have sign written vans!
Just been having a look on Google about it, by the looks of things it must be that he was overweight on the rear axle! There is a lesson for us all! NEVER PUT THE TANK ON THE REAR!!! lol

My old boss got pulled once. we were the weight of me over. but they said there is a fine for being overweight.....then a fine for each axle you are over weight.

So for us front and back plus whole van.....each axle at the time was £1000 plus another £1000 for the whole van....£3k total

So watch out how your van is loaded

we got a warning

What do you mean Axle weight? Its got me a bit worries cos he only lives up the road from me, it could be that they are starting to pull over wfp guys, easy to see when we have sign written vans!

Just been having a look on Google about it, by the looks of things it must be that he was overweight on the rear axle! There is a lesson for us all! NEVER PUT THE TANK ON THE REAR!!! lol
Well i wouldnt put in on the rear anyway. Would make the front very light to steer.

We used todo that trick on the transits we ran on another business (they didnt have PAS)

Most of our vans are behind driver in a cage or crash tanks.

Ok i just called him, he said they wasnt interested in the rear Axel. All they were interested in was the total weight of the van. The MAX TOTAL weight of his Van is 2330kg He was 2470kg So 140kg over not the 200 like i thought! Work that one out lol!

He has got the 900kg payload by the sounds of things, if he has an ionics system or anything like that then he would 100% overweight!

Worrying, I've got a 57 plate vivaro what's the payload on that ? I've got 500ltr tank too

Latest Posts

Back