Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Air tight connections

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Russcooper

Still having trouble with air getting in from tank to pump. I have a hozelock push connecto from the tank. And just a normal screw fix to the pump hose held by a jubilee clip
So what’s a better way from tank to pump please The tank has a tap on it

I'm not sure hozeloc are designed to be ok with negative pressure (sucking). Jubilee clamps should be OK maybe a double eared clip would be better?

I wouldn't recommend any type of push fit connection on the tank side of the pump.

I'm not saying it definitely won't work but as Russ says they are designed to work best with pressure inside the connection not negative pressure as is the case when fitted to the tank side of your pump. Whenever I've had problems with air getting in it has almost always been due to Hozelock type connections on the intake side.

My recommendation would be to only use jubilee type clamps or similar on all connections tankside of the pump.

I wouldn't recommend any type of push fit connection on the tank side of the pump.

I'm not saying it definitely won't work but as Russ says they are designed to work best with pressure inside the connection not negative pressure as is the case when fitted to the tank side of your pump. Whenever I've had problems with air getting in it has almost always been due to Hozelock type connections on the intake side.

My recommendation would be to only use jubilee type clamps or similar on all connections tankside of the pump.
I had a Pump-Box years ago that had hozelock fittings on the outside for intake and output of the pump they always failed eventually some quite quickly and others lasted a bit longer but they'd always fail and let air in I had to carry plenty of spares they were cheap enough back then but not so much now.

I agree that Jubilee clamps can't be beaten or couldn't have as I had issues with them these past few months on my reel inlet they had a limit on how much they'd tighten up and some new ones I bought were the same I opted for https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/oetiker-stepless-o-clip-hose-clamp-12-3-14-8mm-minibore.html as they can easily be cut off with a decent set of snips but ones for 1/2" hose aren't so easy to get hold off

All of the traditional "jubilee" type hose clamps seem to be manufactured to a budget these days and the quality has suffered badly. As above, they seem to disintegrate when tightened even moderately. "High torque" hose clamps are better but difficult to find. I've had better results with this type of hose clamp

but quality can still vary depending on source.

Yes it is I have to reca It about 4 times a day. First I take the pump to reel hose off and just pump the air out then recalibrate it

Yes it is I have to reca It about 4 times a day. First I take the pump to reel hose off and just pump the air out then recalibrate it
Sorry for the late reply russ,sounds like a handling,iv the orange claber connections,havent changed them in two years no air intake.

Latest Posts

Back