Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Running multiple pumps from one controller????

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Baldmonkey

Hi All

just wanted to ask if anyone has successfully run multiple pumps from the one controller?. Now before everyone gets the wrong end of the stick and tells me the amps would be wrong or it would draw to much and confuse the controller....What i mean is to run multiple pumps but only one at anyone time.

i currently have two pumps on my one man setup, one is for the main water tank and another is for the 100l chemical tank i have on board. now i only normally run biocide in that tank, but I'm looking to use more hypo going into next year and don't want to run from a back pack as usual, but from the chemical tank instead.

both pumps are currently Shurflo 100 psi pumps and was looking to add an Everflo EFSW400 pump to run separately from that chemical tank, so 3 pumps total..my questions are though.....

1, can you run multiple pumps from one controller, i was looking at adding a switch in the pumps wiring system to allow me to switch power easily between the two pumps giving me control for both from my v16 wpf link.

2, can a v16 wfp link be used to control an Everflo Pump?

3, i dont want to run hypo through my shurflo pump as iv heard they can deteriorate the internals and should use a dedicated pump, plus want more flow rate.. is this correct?

i know @Ian Sheppard will be best placed to answer the wiring side of things etc but wanted other peoples take on the setup?

Last edited:
I would say you need to tell us which Everflow pump you are considering using?

For example, the EF2200 pump draws 8 amps. The EF1000 draws 4 amps. I presume it's the EF2200 as you want more flow from your pump.

You could run two pumps separately using a change over switch.

I would suggest you communicate with Darren at DA components as he is the wiz on these soft-wash things. He links the V16 controller with the EF2200 pump.

Hi Baldmonkey

As you are looking to run one pump at a time and switch connections from one to the other.Yes you can Run the two Shurflow pumps as long as the Maximum current rating is up to 13a or less.

For a pump over 13A you would need a V16 High current controller

For some unknown reason Everflow add an external switch to their EFSW series of pumps The switch sits before the pressure switch. The external switch can create a problem because the Controller is looking for a circuit across the pump pressure switch. Controllers use Current sensing to detect the motor the extra external switch may mean the controller can not detect the pump pressure switch or the pump motor

The Standard EF3000 or EF4000 are supplied with Santopreen valves and can be used in softwashing and can be run with the V16 WFPL. Just note that the EF4000 is rated at 13a which is on the cusp of the Standard V16 WFPL that can drive 12a continuously. Please see SoftWash Pumps

Alternative pumps would be the Bechtech/Aquatech Hi Flow 17 LPM Chemical Pump
Note this one is 17amp and would need the V16 HC

Or the EF2000 please see Everflo EF2200 12 Volt chemical pump 70PSI/8.3LPM

As long as the pump has Santopreen or similar SH resistant seals and the pump is regularly rinsed out after every use your good to go

Cheers

Last edited:
You need a double pole double throw switch (DPDT) capable of handling the maximum current either pump can draw.
You might need to calibrate when switching pumps.
As long as the pumps don't exceed the max current on a V16 you should be fine.

Yes in theory you can. You can also leave the negatives of both pumps connected at the same time. Then have a 2 way switch that will swap the positive on the desired pump up the the controller. So the motor positive from the controller would go to your switch then depending on the switches position it would connect one of the pumps up. Of course there could be issues with deadening / flow rate calibrations, especial if different spec pumps.

Latest Posts

Back