Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Aluminium Frames

WCF

Help Support WCF:

AndyD

Been asked to quote a job where they have the old fashioned aluminium frame windows. Not cleaned any before so just after some advice on anything in particular I need to consider??

Cheers

I have done some, I just did them same as any other apart from not using chemicals (ubik) as I'm not 100% sure it's suitable. I did manage the customers expectations as they never look as nice as upvc when it's cleaned.

Hopefully other more experienced people here will reply.

They can bleed badly if the anodising is breaking down , virosol diluted 10-1 is fine but don’t use any hypo based products . Evan just pure water can end up with milky lines down the glass , I would do one as a test just in case .

They’re not painted, just bare aluminium. Wasn’t sure if I could use degreaser on them or not?
Easiest windows to clean for me, after first thorough clean with pure, its quick clean every time as no big upvc frames to scrub.

They can bleed badly if the anodising is breaking down , virosol diluted 10-1 is fine but don’t use any hypo based products . Evan just pure water can end up with milky lines down the glass , I would do one as a test just in case .
Turns out they’ve had them replaced with UPVC ?.

Back