Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Whats This About Dodger?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Status
Not open for further replies.

C-THROUGH

I obviously dont know Dodger but he always seemed to give good sensible advice so.................. Whats happened?

just yet more people complaining about the top posters and the top people that have high amount of likes!

Posted Today, 03:49 PM

john p, on 27 October 2012 - 01:49 AM, said:

What is the like button for ?.once upon a time it was for good threads now it just seems to be how many times you post.

Dodgers responce

I had a feeling my reply to this and my farewell thread would be deleted (I don't hold it against ya BC lol) so thought I'd come back and do it without the expletives.

Once upon a time it was a REP button, not a LIKE button, they are two very different things. Liking a post that makes you smile in the jokes section is a totally different thing to giving someone a reputation point for giving you some very helpful advice and I'd like it noted that I disagreed with the change to a LIKE button.

To be frank, with only 56 posts how do you expect to have loads of LIKES yourself. If you actually look at percentages 7.14% of your overall post count has been liked whereas 3.12% of my overall post count has been liked although you only have 4 LIKES and I have 104 so what are you actually moaning about as you actually have more than twice the percentage that I do..

I'll say it again I only came back to make sure my reply to this was seen and I'm not going to be posting anymore because I'm so sick of the fact that people like you and windyben etc just will not stop moaning and reporting people for trivial stuff like criminals and children.

You and the like are allowed to post rubbish like this and moan that the site isn't what it once was when if it wasn't for the top 20 posters on this forum there would be virtually no activity whatsoever and this forum would have been binned by Gav a long time ago.

People like RC get warned when they post too much and get disqualified from a competition invented by ADMIN purely to get people posting which is an absolute joke and a travesty so shame on you as well GAV.

Go elsewhere, CIU for instance if all you want to do is search for facts or just search on you tube because most of it's there somewhere.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An excerpt from my farewell thread, words have been changed to avert a deletion......

I'll stop ranting now and just say thanks to everyone thats helped me and offered advice along the way, I couldn't have done what I have without the support and the comradery from some of you lads, I opted for unconventional methods and found nothing but support from some great people, you know who you are but special thanks to:

Paul, Mark, Belfast, MK, ARC, RC, GMeister Chip, Kips, H (even H), Posh, Ladder, Iain, Masons (heated exchanges but no less respect), Nearly, GM, GaryBoy, Catherine & Richard. Probs a few more so to you I'll apologise if I missed you out.

AND FOR THAT REASON, I'M OUT

Oh!!!!

I am still not that sure what has gone on but thanks RC for the post!

One other question if I may?

I know that people have had really good advice from posters on this board and I know that this board is great for help and advice but................. Why do people get so upset over posts etc.

I am not a big poster on here but I do read on a daily basis but if some one was too annoy me (one or two have and you know who you are) I wouldnt take it personally because there are a lot of "Masked attackers" on message boards, face book etc.

These people hide behind the lap top, pc etc and would not say the things that they post face to face!

So (sorry for rant) why get upset if someone writes something that you disagree with or something that is about you?

The think you need to bare in mind is that what people are posting on here is there life, there earnings, things they worked really hard for so course they'll take it personally

he got peed off with the complains really, bit like the guys that complained about me being top poster, so because of that, i have been been given a warning point for it and disqualified from the power contest for posting to much, because people thought i was just doing it to win it!

there are lot more points i think to it to for him to leave!

that question i have no idea on the answer, so are proberly jealous that some guys know a lot more about h&s, how to fit things, how things work, legal regutations regarding fitting 240v mains electric to the van etc etc

there is was a bit more than that, there was a pretty offensive post made a while ago nameing rc and haruh, claiming they make allot of pointless posts just for the post count. Just to be clear, I think both these members offer a great deal to the forum and dont hold the same opinion of rc and hurunh.

Needless to say admin got rid of it promptly.

I do think we should make sure that users get answers to there threads, and that thread stay on topic, but I dont think that means we have to just spout facts, a little humour and friendly banter is a good thing IMO.

I dont mean to be rude or disrespectful but why doesnt everyone just CHILL!!!

After all (with respect) it is only a message forum!!

And CNS southwest I understand that people post earnings etc on here and that this is their life etc. but WHY post earnings etc?

YES this is a great forum but.............. Again it is only a forum!

Pathetic. Absolutly pathetic. We have lost a terrific bloke who's DIY was brilliant and posts & help were good. John p you called me a cheat for going on the trad comp with 2 backpacks. It weren't the World Cup. If you don't like the posts go elsewhere. CIU would welcome people like you. You may be a nice bloke & I have respect for everybody on here. We're window cleaners not politicians.

I dont mean to be rude or disrespectful but why doesnt everyone just CHILL!!!After all (with respect) it is only a message forum!!

And CNS southwest I understand that people post earnings etc on here and that this is their life etc. but WHY post earnings etc?

YES this is a great forum but.............. Again it is only a forum!
Those earnings posts are part of the reason I could see if this job is even worth looking at, if you don't like them, don't read em!!!

Pathetic. Absolutly pathetic. We have lost a terrific bloke who's DIY was brilliant and posts & help were good. John p you called me a cheat for going on the trad comp with 2 backpacks. It weren't the World Cup. If you don't like the posts go elsewhere. CIU would welcome people like you. You may be a nice bloke & I have respect for everybody on here. We're window cleaners not politicians.
its not just him that does it, windybenn is another one thats always complaining and having ago at people, well mainlyme! lol

Also I have obviously missed a lot of posts but.... Whats this about trad comp etc?
They did one trad competition and one wfp, one if the trad ppl had a back pack system ( not really full time wfp so I think it's fine for a trad competition personally, but some do t)

Posh... Was that pathetic aimed at me?

If so why?
No mate. Your not John p. it just happened to follow your post. I meant the whole thing with dodger is pathetic not your post. Your post made sense.

They did one trad competition and one wfp, one if the trad ppl had a back pack system ( not really full time wfp so I think it's fine for a trad competition personally, but some do t)
i have trad gear in my wfp van, does that mean i could of entered on both comps????? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back