Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Flocked nightmare

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I did one to try them out and liked them so did my second brush. One was tight enough just to push fit the other I probably wiggled the drill bit too much and they weren't so tight, so glued them with Evo-Stik Time Bond. Been in for weeks haven't come out yet. One of my brushes still has the pencils in so I can change them over quick if need be. I find that on really windy days the pencils are better as when you remove the brush from the glass some spray blows away in the breeze and it may cause a problem for neighbours depending on how close your houses are to each other. I purchased the drill bit from ebay. Now added to my tool kit for next brush.

I did one to try them out and liked them so did my second brush. One was tight enough just to push fit the other I probably wiggled the drill bit too much and they weren't so tight, so glued them with Evo-Stik Time Bond. Been in for weeks haven't come out yet. One of my brushes still has the pencils in so I can change them over quick if need be. I find that on really windy days the pencils are better as when you remove the brush from the glass some spray blows away in the breeze and it may cause a problem for neighbours depending on how close your houses are to each other. I purchased the drill bit from ebay. Now added to my tool kit for next brush.
Thank you. I like the idea of them not being glued in as I go through loads of Gardiner brushes.

Apologies to o/p for going off topic

Not tried yet but recon you could probably pull the spraytips out and reuse them. Cheap enough though at 1.90 each. you wouldn't need to replace the JG connector on the back as they would be OK to use again. Don't need ptfe tape or anything as the thread on them is tapered. I did trim a bit of the thread off though to stop them sticking out the back so far but you don't have to. That was just me with nothing better to do, and I like to fiddle. This is how I have my main brush set up:

brush%2005.jpg

Set up like this I can switch jets quickly and also turn the brush to face down for scrubbing sills if necessary

Latest Posts

Back