Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Unger cutting off a bit

WCF

Help Support WCF:

rugbywolf

I have just opened a new packet of ten Unger hard rubbers to cut off a few ready to use. My main squeegee is a twelve inch Liquidator, exactly, as it is cut down. So if I'm careful I can get three off a '36' inch with about an inch and a half left over, however, today when it came to the third one I was about 4mm short. So I think Unger are cutting back a little. The thing is, do I use a 42 inch and have six inches left over, or would it make sense to knock half an inch off my squeegee? There's a conundrum..

will rubber stretch//? might be worth a try with one thats 4 mm short see if it can expand and keep the new length

what i was meaning is if you had a 12 inch length and say you stand on it and pull the ends up hard and then look see what the new length is

what i was meaning is if you had a 12 inch length and say you stand on it and pull the ends up hard and then look see what the new length is
Yeh, I understand you, but unger hard rubbers don't stretch that much, and I don't use any other kind of retainer than the blue ends, and they won't hold it. I can and will do that with an ordinary channel.

Back