Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Mpg vivaro 1.9 dci

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Chris33

Call out to anyone still using this beast

Do these ever do better than 30mpg?

See such a variety of reported mpg on web. Is this due to bad servicing and has anyone remapped theirs to increase mpg?

Whats advised and what you get are two different things.

Many years back the Fiat Scudo had a better mpg quoted than the Citroen Dispatch and Peugeot Expert. Which was amazing as they where the identical vans apart from badges and a couple of cosmetic differences, ie front grill. They were made in the same factory, same engine, same gearbox, same tyres, etc.

Fiat promoted the better mpg as a sales benefit/feature, even producing figures of fuel cost savings over the life of the van.

It then transpired that the French government ruled that mpg figures had to be measured on a straight road in both directions. The Italians did their mpg on a rolling road in an enclosed 'room'.

So never expect what the manufacturers print. It will be done without load and in ideal conditions, ie dry, no wind etc. Their driver will also know how to 'feather' the accelerator.

I have also found recording fuel consumption covering many years that my Citroen Relay 2.0 Hdi engine gives about 28 mpg on Shell and BP and 22mpg on Morrison's fuel. I get around 26 to 27 on Asda diesel, so no longer fill up at Morrison's unless I have no other option. My son found the same thing in his Peugeot Partner 2.0 hdi.

Paying 5 or 6 pence a liter more for Shell over Asda in our area doesn't justify the extra cost over a tank of fuel, so now we have an Asda en route that's the fuel we mainly use.

I always knew I had Morrison's diesel in the tank when I drove up Saltburn Bank with a full tank of water on the back.

However, the difference between Morrison's fuel and Shell didn't make that much difference mpg wise with the wife's Citroen Xsara 2.0 hdi 110hp car.

Whats advised and what you get are two different things.
Many years back the Fiat Scudo had a better mpg quoted than the Citroen Dispatch and Peugeot Expert. Which was amazing as they where the identical vans apart from badges and a couple of cosmetic differences, ie front grill. They were made in the same factory, same engine, same gearbox, same tyres, etc.

Fiat promoted the better mpg as a sales benefit/feature, even producing figures of fuel cost savings over the life of the van.

It then transpired that the French government ruled that mpg figures had to be measured on a straight road in both directions. The Italians did their mpg on a rolling road in an enclosed 'room'.

So never expect what the manufacturers print. It will be done without load and in ideal conditions, ie dry, no wind etc. Their driver will also know how to 'feather' the accelerator.

I have also found recording fuel consumption covering many years that my Citroen Relay 2.0 Hdi engine gives about 28 mpg on Shell and BP and 22mpg on Morrison's fuel. I get around 26 to 27 on Asda diesel, so no longer fill up at Morrison's unless I have no other option. My son found the same thing in his Peugeot Partner 2.0 hdi.

Paying 5 or 6 pence a liter more for Shell over Asda in our area doesn't justify the extra cost over a tank of fuel, so now we have an Asda en route that's the fuel we mainly use.

I always knew I had Morrison's diesel in the tank when I drove up Saltburn Bank with a full tank of water on the back.

However, the difference between Morrison's fuel and Shell didn't make that much difference mpg wise with the wife's Citroen Xsara 2.0 hdi 110hp car.

Supermarket diesel :eek::eek: , Heard horror stories of damaging injectors and garage bills of £1,000's to replace them , I only use BP diesel

Iv been told told by 2 mechanics BP is the worst diesel to use it has the most or least additive in it can't remember which.

Never given a second thought where I buy my fuel or indeed the price. I just fill up where is nearest. I just assumed all fuel was the same apart from the higher octane stuff which I never buy.

Tench the 2.0 litre one looks a bit better on mpg right enough..from what I'd read.

I was and still am swithering on getting an x bt van full service history. 1.9 dci..80 thousand on clock. I'd then be employing 1 day a week. Perhaps toI much too soon though

If i dont do this then ill be cutting round size again.....for the fourth time! Really annoying that is. Wanted extra space for all me stuff too

Iv been told told by 2 mechanics BP is the worst diesel to use it has the most or least additive in it can't remember which.

Interesting Andy I have used BP diesel for around 6 years now without issue , I do use a combined fuel and dpf cleaner once a year but should really use it more often , Asda diesel heard from customers who had to replace injectors the same with Morrisons .

My mate has had his Vivaro for well over 6 years now and will only put either BP or Sainsburys diesel in but mostly BP

I never put supermarket fuel in now, I've heard from stack of people that's it's worse for your car, I've even seen asda lorries fill up at a texaco garage, surely that says something lol?

Latest Posts

Back