Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Are window cleaners still allowed to work during Coronavirus (Covid-19)?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The nhs are begging us to stay at home it’s the health secretary that’s saying it’s ok to go to work they need to communicate between themselves better and all be singing from the same hym sheet 
You mean the guy in charge of the nhs and all other health related matters?.

Let's agree to disagree as I'm still having to work whatever. 

End of the day I can do my job safely so until instructed otherwise I will work.

I think we're now officially classed as canon fodder
I was going to copy the guy that's cleaning bus stops and children's play areas for some good PR but I am only a one man band. I think the worked would have rolled in but I don't have the time. I have linked up with a  guy who owns a cleaning company and continues to throw work my way. Just by pure chance I have landed lucky.

Just been talking to a family friend on the phone her grandson is a window cleaner in Halifax and was out working today got stoped by the police and told to go home , as he shouldn’t be working , so it seams the government are saying one thing and the interpretation of others is different?..

Potta81 said:
Near enough yes, 7/9 days off at xmas & a week off in the summer, planned time off that’s saved for. Might be funny to u but I can’t afford 3 weeks without pay. Obviously u can & im happy for u!
Take it with a pinch of salt ,  windies have allways bragged about their  earnings, not a clue why they do tell porkeys

Very sad..

Coronavirus: Briton, 21, with no pre-existing health conditions dies after contracting COVID-19

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-briton-21-with-no-existing-health-conditions-dies-after-contracting-covid-19-11963451

At the end of the day, the government has recognised that we are all well and truly shafted for 2020. It doesn't matter how much money or savings you have, the facts are that this will change the world going forward, and everyone is in the same boat; WORLDWIDE. 

If you haven't got savings, are are worried. Don't worry or panic. There is little point in worrying, it will not change the situation, it wont help you, and all you will do is make it worse for yourself. If you have 1000's of pounds in the bank, it doesn't make you any more likely to survive this than someone who has 0 in the bank, the ones that survive are the ones that keep their mental health good, stay close to family, and concentrate on minimising exposure.

As each day the numbers of deaths ramp up, I realise that by staying home is increasing my chances of saying alive; its that simple.

Very sad..

Coronavirus: Briton, 21, with no pre-existing health conditions dies after contracting COVID-19

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-briton-21-with-no-existing-health-conditions-dies-after-contracting-covid-19-11963451

At the end of the day, the government has recognised that we are all well and truly shafted for 2020. It doesn't matter how much money or savings you have, the facts are that this will change the world going forward, and everyone is in the same boat; WORLDWIDE. 

If you haven't got savings, are are worried. Don't worry or panic. There is little point in worrying, it will not change the situation, it wont help you, and all you will do is make it worse for yourself. If you have 1000's of pounds in the bank, it doesn't make you any more likely to survive this than someone who has 0 in the bank, the ones that survive are the ones that keep their mental health good, stay close to family, and concentrate on minimising exposure.

As each day the numbers of deaths ramp up, I realise that by staying home is increasing my chances of saying alive; its that simple.
It might not matter how much savings you have but having food and a roof over their heads keeps my family alive.

It might not matter how much savings you have but having food and a roof over their heads keeps my family alive.

I think you need to respect other people’s opinion. No one is saying don’t go to work. They are choosing not to as there moral compass indicates not too. What is happening is real and sadly the numbers are going to continue to ramp up. People could be as careless as they want to be with social contact and it may not affect the figures in the slightest. But there is a chance and knowing the pressure on the NHS and businesses that have chosen to shut down voluntary... it’s a feel good factor to know we are doing our bit. The sad thing is in a months time someone who posts on this forum is going to of been affected through the death of a loved one from this nasty virus. If I can help by hanging my pockets up for a few weeks and saying good bye to the luxury holidays this year that I’m fortunate to pursue each year. Then it’s worth it. Take care everyone and do what’s right for your family. Just remember how fortunate we are to have the NHS and freedom the government have given us instead of enforcing it on us like the continent and just trusting we will do the right thing. The British way which has always made our little isles so special.

Back