Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Are window cleaners still allowed to work during Coronavirus (Covid-19)?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I do a care home just off Cowpen Road and one in Shiremoor
Both parts of my stomping ground Blyth & Shiremoor. There must be a couple of thousand newbuilds bolted on to Shiremoor now. They could all be getting that txt tomorrow - see you in 3 months, or whatever.

i've decided after today that's me finished for the next few weeks/maybe months, we as window cleaners lead solitary lives not really having contact with customers which is ideal and makes you feel very safe which is true but, whilst i'm pretty much safe my wife has copd which in the normal day to day normality is easy to cope with driving around today theres so many cockwombles having takeaway brews mass groups just chatting all being close together older people not giving a flying f*** .

last Monday I cleaned a house where I go inside and clean the bedroom window, no problem I thought come Wednesday I felt dizzy and light headed, I e mailed them to ask about any illnesses and it turns out the daughter came back from new Zealand and shortly afterwards they all had some illness could be corona who knows but imaging if it was and how many people in those three days I could have passed this onto, it really brings it home guys and its not really funny anymore 
Hi Kevin , hope you and the wife are ok , I know what you mean if ones suffer from copd or any other respiratory issues they need to be very careful, we are still working at the moment but don’t  think it will be long before it’s taken out of our hands we have stopped doing any internal windows a couple of weeks ago not that we do many mainly care,nursing homes   , the worrying factor was it was me that said we wouldn’t go inside they were happy for us to do it !!! , I have had an email today from a very large national company that we do  a lot of work for including communal internal windows cancelling insides but happy for us to do outsides provided we phone first to let them know when we will be arriving. I hope you have a nice rest whilst off , I will be sorting out the thermopure I had off you if we get lock down give me something to do as I will go mad being cooped up for weeks on end ??

I normally wait until the roads   have been adopted before canvassing new estates, otherwise you are literally trying to clean a building site, Dusty all summer swamp like all winter.

I am being careful and not closing until it is completely enforced. If this is (as they say) 18 months worst case scenario then its a hell of a long time to be closed, especially while there’s still no realistic package coming through for the self employed. I have a family to keep, our rent, council tax & bills have not been excused, and even if it was, just like the income tax bill, will have to be paid at a later stage. The only way i will stop (other than being legally forced to) is by being offered financial immunity as someone mentioned in another post. I dont fancy digging myself a financial hole if it can be avoided. Still got the odd enquiry coming in. No need for close contact as others have said. We’re all being told to do our bit for the sake of our country but just remember were being left out here. Clearly we arent valued by the state in the same way employees are

Don’t know what to do after that. We need to travel, however our job isn’t absolutely necessary ?
I hear you steve i am clueless also, but, what is more necessary than paying your bills when you aren't being bailed out? Also, parks are still open. We are not classes as gatherings when working in ones or twos at most. No physical contact with our customers is necessary right? I am in a predicament im not going to lie. Im sure many of us are

Back