Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Are window cleaners still allowed to work during Coronavirus (Covid-19)?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yes , find your last 3 years profit figures , not turnover.

Add all 3 together and then divide by 3. This gives you your average profit. 

Minus 20% as he paying 80% and then minus 20% off that too as its taxable.

Divide that by 12 as that gives you a monthly profit figure and then X3 as he is paying for 3 months worth at present.
Surely you have took 40% of in your calculation, yes the grant is taxable but it has to be added to your annual accounts so would be classed as taxable income after submitting tax return for 2020 to 2021 

Surely you have took 40% of in your calculation, yes the grant is taxable but it has to be added to your annual accounts so would be classed as taxable income after submitting tax return for 2020 to 2021 
Yes true, the calculation would show you what was in your bank to spend.

Will it be based on tax years

2016/17

2017/18

2018/19  

OR

2017/18

2018/19

2019/20 

I started in 2016 so my profit for that year is zero due to buying round and van etc so that'll really throw the average off?
2016/17, 17/18, 18/19. 

They won't take this year's accounts as people may inflate the profits to claim more

Just saw that, not a mention of you can’t/shouldn’t be working.
Yeah I know, although the cleaner did say he was working and raised the point of no clear clarification other than the bringing up of window cleaners and gardener's been told they can work, no doubt referring to Sturgeon and that he just wanted or wants the Gov to say don't work he clearly feels he has no choice but to work to support his family. 

Yes if your working on pre-tax profit. 

Profit - 20% / 12 x 3 = payout
That's what the payout will be worked up on then minus 20% to gives us 80% of a monthly average payout, if this goes on for longer profit will be down for this coming tax year anyway so this is the correct way to calculate it, with respect not taking of 40% to work out our monthly average payout, quite shocked I am smarter than I thought ?

Got a E-Mail from HMRC saying those eligible will be contacted hopefully before June, Presume besides using the Self Assesments to work with, they will also do a search on our unique National Insurance numbers in making their decision who to notify?. Do not know one way or another how they will decide if they flag up someone has been doing PAYE work while wanting to claim due to not being able to carry on their primary business.
As long as you earn the majority of your money from self employment you're eligible. 

Crazy, we have a safer job than anyone else out there.
No we do not have a safer job than anyone else, you are delusional to think otherwise. We could be carrying the virus with NO symptoms whatsoever and risk spreading it from household to household, this in my opinion is very, very risky, as someone else has already pointed out on this forum, If any of your customers contracted Covid 19 and you had been round, then who do you think they are going to point the finger at?  

Yeah I know, although the cleaner did say he was working and raised the point of no clear clarification other than the bringing up of window cleaners and gardener's been told they can work, no doubt referring to Sturgeon and that he just wanted or wants the Gov to say don't work he clearly feels he has no choice but to work to support his family. 
I saw this. My point is this. Anyone and everyone could manipulate the essential bit to suit there own needs. The more people on the street the longer it will take.  Just because Barry the gardener is out as normal shouldn't open the floodgates for everyone else. Nobody knows who's got this and the sooner folk actually listen to the advice of 'stay at home' the sooner we all get back to work. 

Now the majority are getting paid 80% of our wage to stay at home why do we need to go out unless your going to volunteer to help in the NHS or your going to do a vital essential job in the NHS or logistics. I understand this doesn't help everyone but ring the council,gas ,water etc and they will hold your bills until your back on your feet. 

Also I am worried if I go out and advertise my van whilst actively working at the minute I risk being singled out as irresponsible and it only takes a few photos on Facebook and your business is getting bad name real quick. Personally until I'm told to go out I'm heeding the warning, stopping insode where at all possible and from the response from my customers from a text I sent on Tues they seem to agree it's the right thing to do. I'll have a business to go back to, I'll earn from the first day of work and in the mean time it will be hard but knowing money is on the way helps in these weird few weeks. 

No we do not have a safer job than anyone else, you are delusional to think otherwise. We could be carrying the virus with NO symptoms whatsoever and risk spreading it from household to household, this in my opinion is very, very risky, as someone else has already pointed out on this forum, If any of your customers contracted Covid 19 and you had been round, then who do you think they are going to point the finger at?  
How? Clean WFP, BACS transfers only, don't see or talk to clients. Really can't think of anything with a lower risk of virus transfer.

That's what the payout will be worked up on then minus 20% to gives us 80% of a monthly average payout, if this goes on for longer profit will be down for this coming tax year anyway so this is the correct way to calculate it, with respect not taking of 40% to work out our monthly average payout, quite shocked I am smarter than I thought ?
? It's good to have a laugh on here, and everyone on here seem to just get on unlike comments on the daily mail ??

As long as you earn the majority of your money from self employment you're eligible. 
I would assume if you went out and earned 1k a month doing a paye temp job that would be deducted and will most likely complicate things, better off sitting at home me thinks,

another Gov minister on BBC swerved a direct question imho about the window cleaner who was on earlier and basically saying we can go out if we follow the guidelines, most people will not see this or if they do even bother to take it in if the are on paye as it's not relevant to them they will only take onboard and process the messages of don't go out unless necessary, I should have had some commercial work in the middle of no where like a field 

On a positive note we will be getting money for the month of March even though we have been able to work perhaps 50-75% of the month and bring in our own money.  If able to go back out and work in may we will also get money from the government along with the money we bring in ourselves.

lets take this one day at a time and encourage one another 

Latest Posts

Back