Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Are window cleaners still allowed to work during Coronavirus (Covid-19)?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

And still conflicting things are said though. Radio 2 this morning were repeating warnings including ‘only go out for essential work’. ?

That doesn’t mean essential as in we need the money before anyone comments ?
And Nicola Sturgeon has just said about 10 minutes ago after being questioned by a journo, essential work only again ! It's getting boring now.

And still conflicting things are said though. Radio 2 this morning were repeating warnings including ‘only go out for essential work’. ?

That doesn’t mean essential as in we need the money before anyone comments ?

And Nicola Sturgeon has just said about 10 minutes ago after being questioned by a journo, essential work only again ! It's getting boring now.
..... Never mind then! ??

It is getting boring. I think written and dated is best we can hope for and this is dated today. We can also link it to customers if we decide to work so they can see themselves. To be honest, we are finished this month's work and I think we'll take this week off since its only April half way through it. Then this time next week things should hopefully be more clear. I don't mean on work direction but rather long term, how long we can expect lockdown and if it'll get worse (not holding my breath though, lol).

Right or wrong most will do what they see as the right thing.

@dazmond put a good post up on the other forum.The post details how his Dad has a confirmed case of Coronavirus but was still carrying on as normal (going to the paper shop being with family)he had it confirmed Thursday.

Two weeks a go I was cleaning a clinic just when this was starting to break and my customer said the elderly are some of the worst for ignoring the procedures.Most(not all) are looking at it as they have had a good innings and they will carry on as normal if Coronavirus gets them so be it time was almost up anyway.My own Grandad was collecting his paper and paying in cash up and till a week or so.

And this is the important point.You may take every precaution going but you can't guarantee your customers are doing the same and won't infect you then with the different people you could see being a domestic window cleaner the risk and spread will be much, much higher.
Totally agree, i have 60 flats i clean monthly all old people.They are the only ones i won't be cleaning on my rounds till this has passed because they all cash. Rest will pay online.

..... Never mind then! ??

It is getting boring. I think written and dated is best we can hope for and this is dated today. We can also link it to customers if we decide to work so they can see themselves. To be honest, we are finished this month's work and I think we'll take this week off since its only April half way through it. Then this time next week things should hopefully be more clear. I don't mean on work direction but rather long term, how long we can expect lockdown and if it'll get worse (not holding my breath though, lol).
I think we will be in this situation for 3 months possibly getting total lockdown at some point , hope not but think it’s inevitable , 

My older clients have been really good. Envelopes left out, all keeping 2m distance. Can't say I have one who has not taken it seriously.

Moral dilema phew just read this lot glad I have the time!!

Just watched a video my daughter sent me, she is in lockdown in Malaysia, there they are feeding the people who rely on tourism and now have no tourists with free sweet potatoes. We are very privileged to live in this country and to be so well cared for. If you are struggling to make a decison watch this video from a doctor it can be found on You Tube " How Covid - 19 Kills--I'm a Surgeon--And Why We Can't Save You

My medic friend in the States knows him and it is scarey the numbers of people who are going to die.

Moral dilema phew just read this lot glad I have the time!!

Just watched a video my daughter sent me, she is in lockdown in Malaysia, there they are feeding the people who rely on tourism and now have no tourists with free sweet potatoes. We are very privileged to live in this country and to be so well cared for. If you are struggling to make a decison watch this video from a doctor it can be found on You Tube " How Covid - 19 Kills--I'm a Surgeon--And Why We Can't Save You

My medic friend in the States knows him and it is scarey the numbers of people who are going to die.
I heard in the EU they are taking ventilators off old folk and giving them to young folk. Not sure if its true.

My older clients have been really good. Envelopes left out, all keeping 2m distance. Can't say I have one who has not taken it seriously.
Don't know whether to go I have been getting paid in envelopes but reading about all this sterilising doors, gates and money is getting me down.

Yeah a lot of countries are lockdown where they get zero help i.e. food or medical help. No cash your in trouble. I have a mate who owns a house in Manilla, he's on lockdown there with his Mrs who is from there and his kids and his mother is stuck there on lockdown. She went across for a holiday. 

He was saying all the shanty town people were on lockdown. 

Yeah a lot of countries are lockdown where they get zero help i.e. food or medical help. No cash your in trouble. I have a mate who owns a house in Manilla, he's on lockdown there with his Mrs who is from there and his kids and his mother is stuck there on lockdown. She went across for a holiday. 

He was saying all the shanty town people were on lockdown. 
https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-crisis-brought-eus-failings-113429253.html

Read the above this morning. The EU are meant to help each other but you can read what happens when Self-Preservation kicks in, every country for themselves.

Or take the money in your house, or breathe in while you're near it. If you choose to work, cash should definitely be out of favour
I have said I will mostly accept bank transfer, and for those that can only pay cash, to leave outside where I will bag it.  I will then leave the cash in the back of my vehicle for a week to allow the virus to dissipate.

Also, wear disposable gloves and replace for each job.

I have said I will mostly accept bank transfer, and for those that can only pay cash, to leave outside where I will bag it.  I will then leave the cash in the back of my vehicle for a week to allow the virus to dissipate.

Also, wear disposable gloves and replace for each job.
They found it on surfaces on a cruise ship after 17days

Or you could just stay off the forum if you're not working. The forum is for people working in the window cleaning industry.
Don't forget there is 3 members on here not working but we have no choice because we are staff ? I get the feeling some members just want to say to others Suffolk off then ?

Over 1,500 replies to this topic going over old ground and round and round, I sometimes feel like saying Norfolk's this am off ? 

Latest Posts

Back