Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Are window cleaners still allowed to work during Coronavirus (Covid-19)?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Surely you have took 40% of in your calculation, yes the grant is taxable but it has to be added to your annual accounts so would be classed as taxable income after submitting tax return for 2020 to 2021 
Thats was I was thinking taxable grant which will be added to your annual accounts ..

This debate is just going round in circles - the laws as it stands is clear - that didn't just happen - but has been written to reflect the WHOLE picture Virus yes - People's freedoms yes - Economy - yes -  it's currently in the Lords - but will go thru.

So we should all stop trying to claim our position is more virtuous than another's.

Obey the law - end of (and before one and all repost - go and READ what it actually says not someone's brother's sister, neighbours thinks but what the Gov is telling you and me - read it, digest and do whatever is legal for YOU and your circumstances's
What does the law say exactly? Where do I find it? All I've heard is a few different versions from different ministers that could be interpreted one way or another. Government are a **** show.

I'm in two minds wether to go cleaning.ive had customers asking me to do them.i work on my own and travel on my own.what should I do.dont want people looking at me and thinking things 
Your customers won't prop up your business when negative publicity takes over. You are not an essential worker. 

I can't understand how hard it is for people to understand. NHS and logistics are the two main essential areas. We are window cleaners, not exactly something folk can't do without for a couple of months is it. 

It's not an option we have. We have been told not to go to work if we are not essential workers. 

This debate is just going round in circles - the laws as it stands is clear - that didn't just happen - but has been written to reflect the WHOLE picture Virus yes - People's freedoms yes - Economy - yes -  it's currently in the Lords - but will go thru.

So we should all stop trying to claim our position is more virtuous than another's.

Obey the law - end of (and before one and all repost - go and READ what it actually says not someone's brother's sister, neighbours thinks but what the Gov is telling you and me - read it, digest and do whatever is legal for YOU and your circumstances's
Here is the law public health England, pretty clear to me, keep working.

"Keepingyour business open

With the exception of some non-essential shops and public venues, we are not asking any other businesses to close – indeed it is important for business to carry on.

However, you should encourage your employees to work from home unless it is impossible for them to do so.

Sometimes this will not be possible, as not everyone can work from home. Certain jobs require people to travel to their place of work – for instance if they operate machinery, work in construction or manufacturing, or are delivering front line services"

Many thanks, that's what I've quoted. Keep working is the instruction.
Carry on as normal?!  just be wary of folk not appreciating you wandering around unnecessarily!

We are all in the same boat and the longer folk are moving about the longer it will take to get back to normal. I'm probably assuming you ain't going to be popular on here or out on the street when the vast majority whether able to work or not are doing the sensible thing and stopping at home as most on here are. I for one think your wrong for working. 

Harsh or not? I only say what I see. Sorry Dan.

Many thanks, that's what I've quoted. Keep working is the instruction.
I've not been out working this week a lot of my fellow window cleaners are still working up here in Scotland..it's  the individuals preference if they want to work ..

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in two minds wether to go cleaning.ive had customers asking me to do them.i work on my own and travel on my own.what should I do.dont want people looking at me and thinking things 
Rishi has put in place an 80% financial package for us in order to keep us and the public safe, if I were you I would stay at home, and yes you are right people will be thinking things, and not nice things either. 

What does the law say exactly? Where do I find it? All I've heard is a few different versions from different ministers that could be interpreted one way or another. Government are a **** show.
In addition to others posts i have tried as best i can to pull all the OFFICIAL info into one post here. 

I've not been out working this week a lot of my fellow window cleaners are still working up here in Scotland..it's  the individuals preference if they want to work ..
Ian Blackford, Nicola Surgeons spokesperson in Westminster has just said within the hour, non essential work must not take place !  It does add to the confusion but it is a big hint. 

Carry on as normal?!  just be wary of folk not appreciating you wandering around unnecessarily!

We are all in the same boat and the longer folk are moving about the longer it will take to get back to normal. I'm probably assuming you ain't going to be popular on here or out on the street when the vast majority whether able to work or not are doing the sensible thing and stopping at home as most on here are. I for one think your wrong for working. 

Harsh or not? I only say what I see. Sorry Dan.
Everyone is not in the same boat and therein lies the problem. Some quality for 80% of their declared profits others get nothing.

Your customers won't prop up your business when negative publicity takes over. You are not an essential worker. 

I can't understand how hard it is for people to understand. NHS and logistics are the two main essential areas. We are window cleaners, not exactly something folk can't do without for a couple of months is it. 

It's not an option we have. We have been told not to go to work if we are not essential 

Lots are not covered
Yes plenty not covered. I'm 43, 25 years unbroken employment followed by 6 months self employment and now next to no help and support. 

Made the choice a week ago not to work because that's what's best for the greater good. But feel totally abandoned when the vast majority have been given a great deal of security (in comparison). Which ironically I'll be helping to pay for! 

Back