Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Back pain - investing in Xtreme poles

WCF

Help Support WCF:

PR Cleaning Solutions

Hey all, a recent post I made a lot of people recommend swapping to xtreme poles and so I am going to do that. One or two questions.

People have told me to use the slx for gutter cleaning cause it’s more robust, so is the xtreme ok to use for gutter cleaning?

I have been using an slx25 for all my work, windows and gutter cleaning. I do find I need the slx25 at max here and there on a job to reach gable ends or roof windows.

So I am just wondering before I purchase what would be the best investments, I have a lot of back pain, so money isn’t an option, I want to have the best equipment to make it all easier. And what lengths ye would recommend.

Lastly, it’s 2023, is scrubbing gutters with wfp still the easiest way? I have never got into pressure washing as I know it can damage gutters etc, I am just wondering is wfp still the easiest way for gutter cleaning.

Thanks all

Xtreme 22 probably your best bet for windows and cleaning most fascia/gutters.

Squeaky Clean Dave of You Tube I noticed now pressure washers via a pole fascia/gutters. I just use WFP.

If you have a bad back pressure washing via pole is going to be a lot heavier than cleaning it with a Xtreme.

I have the equipment to pressure wash it but people say it causes damage and potentially water gets into roof and wets timbers.

If you are suffering badly then doing Fsg cleans ain't going to helps you, I stopped doing them years ago but this year I've done two bungalows nice and easy,

If it's a house and it's fairly clean I'll quote it, if it's bad I give @THL4KEL details he is younger and fitter than me.

Squeaky Clean Dave of You Tube I noticed now pressure washers via a pole fascia/gutters. I just use WFP.
That's interesting, I'll check out his vids (y) I'm of the opinion that methods and equipment evolve over time so it's always good to see what others are doing. Wasn't long ago that wfp was dismissed by most and look how that's changed.

I must admit, when I'm stood there killing my arms and shoulders doing say a conservatory roof and someone says so and so normally just gets out the pressure washer and does it, well I must admit if it were mine I'll probably carefully pressure wash most of it.

When you see the roof cleaning guys using these super slim pressure wash nozzles that give pin point accuracy to where the water is going then it does lead you to think that you could use them for some of the extras and it would make it so much easier. Very tempting.

If you are suffering badly then doing Fsg cleans ain't going to helps you, I stopped doing them years ago but this year I've done two bungalows nice and easy,

If it's a house and it's fairly clean I'll quote it, if it's bad I give @THL4KEL details he is younger and fitter than me.
I've done a fair few this year, bloody knackering. Priced well but I suffer on my shoulders and left elbow. I always think that it's like sacrificing my future health each time I do them. It's like putting a price on future arthritis ?

I've done a fair few this year, bloody knackering. Priced well but I suffer on my shoulders and left elbow. I always think that it's like sacrificing my future health each time I do them. It's like putting a price on future arthritis ?
I have had on-and-off issues with my shoulders and elbows for years as well which is why I won't chew on with add on's unless they are easy to do

Back