Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fascia and soffit cleaning set up

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Inside’n’out

Hi I have recently started up gutter clearing using the gvs 3600 vac system and a lot of my customers asking if I can also clean the gutters fascias and soffits so I’m looking for a set up for this thinking backpack/trolley set up water fed pole etc and was wondering what’s the best kit for this I have a budget of around 500 won’t be doing windows thanks and look forward to your reply’s

I think that if you clean fascias and gutters, then you will have to clean those windows as well. You will be judged, not by how clean you left fascias, but how dirty you left the windows.
Very good point to consider only I know they have a regular window cleaner but he wont do the fascias etc thanks you for your reply much appreciated any idea on setup for windows aswell then I’ve been looking at the water genie or the gardiner backpack with poles

Thanks Scottish cleaning service Seems I need to go all in and get setup for windows aswell problem I have is I only got into gutter clearing to fill in the gaps from my property maintenance business and seems this is gonna be another whole business but can’t hurt to have another string in the bow so to speak

Thanks Scottish cleaning service Seems I need to go all in and get setup for windows aswell problem I have is I only got into gutter clearing to fill in the gaps from my property maintenance business and seems this is gonna be another whole business but can’t hurt to have another string in the bow so to speak
I'm a joiner to trade and retired from fire service. After doing many jobs, too long to list on here I decided to buy my old windies round as he was retiring. My mum went mad and said in not too many words I wasn't, so I did the Gas Course and fitted smart meters. At the same time my new window cleaner fell off his ladder and never came back so I began cleaning mine and the neighbours and soon all the ones the windy had let go. Came on this forum and studied all the guys who were doing well and decided to copy them. Saved up £10k and got a hot water system fitted by Grippatank. Then I bought a £2k PW, £2k gutter vac and a £4k scaffold because with the pension I didn't want to pay tax. Out of all the jobs I have done window cleaning has been the best but Only because i have a 650l tank and it provides hot pure water on demand. I make £200 a day cleaning windows and extra if its a big pvc clean like Monday and the guy wants me to PW driveway later on.
I still do joinery like fences but no money in it, all the money is in cleaning. The same will happen with you if you buy the right stuff and are willing to spend, spend and spend until you have the right equipment and it isn't cheap. My poles are minimum £700 and my PW is now £4k, gutter vac and poles about the same. I got in at right time and bought at right time. Good luck

I'm a joiner to trade and retired from fire service. After doing many jobs, too long to list on here I decided to buy my old windies round as he was retiring. My mum went mad and said in not too many words I wasn't, so I did the Gas Course and fitted smart meters. At the same time my new window cleaner fell off his ladder and never came back so I began cleaning mine and the neighbours and soon all the ones the windy had let go. Came on this forum and studied all the guys who were doing well and decided to copy them. Saved up £10k and got a hot water system fitted by Grippatank. Then I bought a £2k PW, £2k gutter vac and a £4k scaffold because with the pension I didn't want to pay tax. Out of all the jobs I have done window cleaning has been the best but Only because i have a 650l tank and it provides hot pure water on demand. I make £200 a day cleaning windows and extra if its a big pvc clean like Monday and the guy wants me to PW driveway later on.
I still do joinery like fences but no money in it, all the money is in cleaning. The same will happen with you if you buy the right stuff and are willing to spend, spend and spend until you have the right equipment and it isn't cheap. My poles are minimum £700 and my PW is now £4k, gutter vac and poles about the same. I got in at right time and bought at right time. Good luck
Lol can’t wait for @steve garwood comment on this one ????

I think you've already answered your own question - backpack / trolley and wfp

Untitled.jpg

The UK is a strange place regarding human behaviour. We don't like folk being successful and feel good when they fail. I think the US and Australia is the opposite. Anyway I'm out for a nice half day on the windows. ?

The UK is a strange place regarding human behaviour. We don't like folk being successful and feel good when they fail. I think the US and Australia is the opposite. Anyway I'm out for a nice half day on the windows. ?
I personally admire people who become successful.
It’s self indulgence that’s something not to be admired

Sad you have to work weekends. Anyway off to my mates bbq ??

Last edited:
Back