Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Running biz from car?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Shug1

Hi
Just about to set up. I want to use my quashqui to start with. Wf pole, back pack, trolley , 50l of water.
Skyvac Atom for gutter plus an internal vac with c/f poles for comm recial dust cleaning? Feasible? or bite the bullet and get a van ? How much roughly?

I've run my WFP business from the back of a 1999 Nissan Primera since 2007. Six 25l barrels and a Pure Freedom trolley fit perfectly in the boot. This kit allows me to work for about 4 hours before I need to refill.

However, I work very local to home so picking up more water during the day is not a problem as it would be if I worked further afield. I'm also strictly window, cladding and FSG cleaning. Anything that can be cleaned with WFP really.

Something else to consider with a car, especially if it's your family car, is keeping it waterproof. You will likely struggle with this. Waterproof tarps work well (is what I use) but you will have accidents with water from time to time and any wetness in your car will make it smell.

I would recommend a van if starting out, unless the car is dedicated to work only. You will also need more than 50l of water.

You'll use 50ltrs and more on one house on a first clean, if you have read through posts on here of lads doing a full day with 350ltrs that's experienced I could do 20-25 houses with 350ltrs but I've been wfp for 16 years

Skimping on water is never a good thing it will yeild poor results, I was talking to another cleaner last week he was using a back pack with a low flow, he rinsed the top of frame with a small amount of water then cleaned the frames and glass quicker than me and hardly touched the sill, this is how not wfp windows

I've used my car on a few occasions in the past with a backpack,4 barrels and 20m of pole hose.its amazing how much work you can clean with just 100l of water if it's run of the mill houses but it's not suitable for large jobs,commercial,etc...

Get a van when funds allow,wfp ruins a car if your using it every day for work

I did it mate, out the back of my Skoda Fabia. Was it ideal? No. Did it get my started? Aye! However I did have another job I was doing at the same time so I wasn’t worried about windows paying the bills from the off. Once I started building my round I switched to a van.

I've worked out of a car many times when my van was off the road. Doing windows and gutter cleaning with 3600 watt gutter vac taken apart in car.Just put it in bin liners so car doesn't get filthy. Same with the 25l containers put them in bin bags as well. One thing about working like this it teaches how to efficiently use your water and by that I don't mean run it on low flow to be efficient.. I always use high flow. Either bend the hose or use a univalve to conserve your water and have a cloth if your starting out. Helps to have the best brush on your pole if you don't want to waste water. Gardiner flocked sill brush with white bristles on side I find the best for speed and cleaning power.

I did it for years out of an Astra but was trad
When I went wfp I used to do bottoms trad still to account for carrying less water
A van is definitely easier but I use an estate if van is at mot or service etc with no problems

Hi
Just about to set up. I want to use my quashqui to start with. Wf pole, back pack, trolley , 50l of water.
Skyvac Atom for gutter plus an internal vac with c/f poles for comm recial dust cleaning? Feasible? or bite the bullet and get a van ? How much roughly?
I've been working out my car for years wfp. Perfectly doable.

Latest Posts

Back