Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone else knackered all the time?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

adamangler

Wakefield Window Warrior
I dont know what it is but last few weeks im fecked by 3pm when cleaning windows, shoulders ache and im losing motivation, by the time i get home im falling asleep and feeling groggy.

Not sure if its because im getting stressed and constantly thinking about the business, if im not cleaning im getting up early working my other job or leafletting and then on an evening im posting on facebook or messing with website.

not sure if its just because cleaning is a physical job or i need a break

hmm

Don't mean to be sensitive but do you suffer from depression or anxiety?

If so that will alsmot defo be why,

If not,

Then your prob just going through a stage of tiredness....

burnout is a risk of this job . you need to plan ahead AND act on it now ,in my opinion

Get into a relaxation/exercise routine and make it part of the day. It's easy to get depressed as the uncertainty level is high compared to a contracted job, sign up tune out

Take a break and comeback strong. No point in ploughing on at half pace when a short break will have you up and running at full pelt. Last month I got to the end of my round after working flat out for a long time and I was totally burned out. Joints aching, slow speed all day, unmotivated. I went slow for a week with lots of early finishes, the odd day off, and minimised new jobs taken on. Pains all gone, and back up to full speed now.

Theother thing is nutrition, food is fuel so eat well.

Take a break and comeback strong. No point in ploughing on at half pace when a short break will have you up and running at full pelt. Last month I got to the end of my round after working flat out for a long time and I was totally burned out. Joints aching, slow speed all day, unmotivated. I went slow for a week with lots of early finishes, the odd day off, and minimised new jobs taken on. Pains all gone, and back up to full speed now.
Theother thing is nutrition, food is fuel so eat well.
Agree with that,

Plus a lot of it is mental state of mind, amazing how feeling down can really make you feel tired!

Agree with that,
Plus a lot of it is mental state of mind, amazing how feeling down can really make you feel tired!
Exactly. I usually ignore pain, but the moment I feel demotivated, I know its time to stop/slow down. Another sign is when I get ill, thats when I know I've not taken care of myself- too much work and not eating right.

also if anybody in your family or friends is taking the mickey you must take action. because theyll pull you down before you know it

a good way to make them shut up is to casually mention some particularly good news [make it up if need be] such as a lovely big tip / invite to an award ceremony by a minor celebrity

a neighbour of mine told me he was off on holiday to the bahamas celebrating with Lord and Lady North , **** knows where he actually went cos after i looked online the Norths both died well over a 100yrs ago, but it sure sounded good!

I suffer from a bit of depression at times but never do much about it, just carry on and work through it, I know the feeling of getting tired all of a sudden and I always put it down to that as it is normally when I am feeling off. A good tip mate is take a nice 10 min sunbed this time of the year, always makes me feel alive again, don't know what it is about them but they def help me /emoticons/smile.png once a week I go this time of the year. Tans nice to :cool:

Its the time of year. you wake up, see cloud/wind/rain and it makes you miserable before you even start your day....

I am totally knackered all the time, only work 3 days a week, but still get up with kids on other days.(kids are 19 and 17). just had a week off to rejuvenate my batteries, but coming back to cold made me worse, as struggled to work last week with weather and home commitments. strangely today I had the best day I have ever had, and that's with a 30 min break after my 1st house due to ice on window sills.

I have a small operation booked in on 22nd dec, and cant wait for the 2 weeks off to spend at home lol.

I do suffer from depression/anxiety and have done for as long as i can remember, been on and off meds most of my adult life. I thought i had it under control but lately ive been feeling less motivated and tired a lot. Come to think of it ive not been sleeping well lately either.

All good points guys, the diet isnt great at all and i do little in the way of relaxation. I suppose the cold and dark isnt helping either.

think i need some balance in my life, its all work and stress atm.

I might take a few days off next week as im on holiday form my employed job but i feel really guilty taking a day off thinking i should be leafletting or something like im letting myself down lol

if all else fails ill try the sunbed damo lol

It's hard to switch off, maybe at capacity, but getting there feels like rolling a heavy stone uphill, by morning it's rolled back down again. Try and turn off the phones etc. During those few days off perhaps, don't worry about the missed calls, they can wait if they're good-uns

I do suffer from depression/anxiety and have done for as long as i can remember, been on and off meds most of my adult life. I thought i had it under control but lately ive been feeling less motivated and tired a lot. Come to think of it ive not been sleeping well lately either.
All good points guys, the diet isnt great at all and i do little in the way of relaxation. I suppose the cold and dark isnt helping either.

I might take a few days off next week as im on holiday form my employed job but i feel really guilty taking a day off thinking i should be leafletting or something like im letting myself down lol

Che k your blood

Check your blood pressure. I had these symptoms and when I had it checked it was 238/110! :eek: Had to spend 4 days in hospital on a drip. Once on the correct pills though, things are ok and feel better. Worth checking

I suffer from a bit of depression at times but never do much about it, just carry on and work through it, I know the feeling of getting tired all of a sudden and I always put it down to that as it is normally when I am feeling off. A good tip mate is take a nice 10 min sunbed this time of the year, always makes me feel alive again, don't know what it is about them but they def help me /emoticons/smile.png once a week I go this time of the year. Tans nice to :cool:
I agree trev I use a melontan product which isn't for everyone but I feel good all the time

Sun beds increase your melontonin and vitamin d so it's a feel good factor

I have a crazy lifestyle I have to little girls work long hours and have a immaculate home

I go to the gym and bodybuild I usually leave the house about 6 for cardio then home sort van sometimes nursery run,then work all day,home sort van for next day I between making tea,then spend time with kids and get them ready for bed

Once in bed back to gym come home prep food have a shower rarely I sit down till 10pm

I believe a healthy diet and lifestyle has massive effects on your hormones and mental state

I will check my blood, i actually have a blood pressure machine somewhere as i have a heart condition and used to be paranoid that i was going to die any minute lol so went through a phase of checking my blood everyday, my pressure has always been on the high side of normal about 130/80 but not massively so to need meds.

I agree trev I use a melontan product which isn't for everyone but I feel good all the timeSun beds increase your melontonin and vitamin d so it's a feel good factor

I have a crazy lifestyle I have to little girls work long hours and have a immaculate home

I go to the gym and bodybuild I usually leave the house about 6 for cardio then home sort van sometimes nursery run,then work all day,home sort van for next day I between making tea,then spend time with kids and get them ready for bed

Once in bed back to gym come home prep food have a shower rarely I sit down till 10pm

I believe a healthy diet and lifestyle has massive effects on your hormones and mental state
I never realised just how lazy I had become, thanks a bunch.:finger:

I agree trev I use a melontan product which isn't for everyone but I feel good all the timeSun beds increase your melontonin and vitamin d so it's a feel good factor

Gotta hand it to you mate, that's some serious graft

In my mid forties, having never having suffered any mental issues I had a breakdown about six months ago. Mine started with working flat out under a bit of extra pressure on my time. Next thing I'm feeling euphoric, like I could do anything, I felt brilliant almost superhuman, I was just getting stuck into everything I could think of. The first crash came when I was planting a tree in my front garden, horizon started swirling, couldn't stop my hands trembling, thought I was having a heart attack. Calmed myself down and my wife called the doctor who said I was having an anxiety attack and told me to rest. Went out cleaning the next day and had another, worse episode, ended up on the doctors couch convinced I was either dying or losing my marbles. Ended up getting signed off work for a month and needed every day of that resting before I got back to a sort of normality. Really need to watch myself, I hope I'm a bit more aware of the warning signs now and have to manage my workload to avoid getting on that slippery slope again.

In my mid forties, having never having suffered any mental issues I had a breakdown about six months ago. Mine started with working flat out under a bit of extra pressure on my time. Next thing I'm feeling euphoric, like I could do anything, I felt brilliant almost superhuman, I was just getting stuck into everything I could think of. The first crash came when I was planting a tree in my front garden, horizon started swirling, couldn't stop my hands trembling, thought I was having a heart attack. Calmed myself down and my wife called the doctor who said I was having an anxiety attack and told me to rest. Went out cleaning the next day and had another, worse episode, ended up on the doctors couch convinced I was either dying or losing my marbles. Ended up getting signed off work for a month and needed every day of that resting before I got back to a sort of normality. Really need to watch myself, I hope I'm a bit more aware of the warning signs now and have to manage my workload to avoid getting on that slippery slope again.
Mate, that sounds aweful. Can't believe that can happen just from working. Which job was the main cause?- the waving at windows or the saving cats?

Mate, that sounds aweful. Can't believe that can happen just from working. Which job was the main cause?- the waving at windows or the saving cats?
Hard to say. Probably a combination of a few things. Full time job is 42 hours split between days and nights, I give 70-80 hours on call cover for the retained station and the cleaning should average a couple of days a week but I'd been hitting it every day spare for a couple of weeks, and I've got an autistic son that requires quite a lot of care and my wife was putting some pressure on so all things together probably stacked up.

Latest Posts

Back