Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Damage to very old wall

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I make a point of never climbing over fences , gates etc . If I cannot get easy access then I just do front till next time . Who is going to pay wages if you fall and break a leg bet the owner wont and will get a new window cleaner . 
I fully agree. I used to leave it if I couldn't get to the back. No climbing over, though I will use a step up to try to reach a bolt. But I found, sometimes I'd lose a fair whack of my day's wage by just going. Now, if I can't get through I do the front only and charge two thirds of the full wash price. That way I don't lose too much of my scheduled day's earnings. Time wise it's actually quicker money just doing fronts. Also, it helps them respect us a bit more when they realise we won't keep coming back to suit them, and they get less for their money by not ensuring full access. All our customers are notified the day before. Some would have you arrive at a time of their choice for no valid reason, if they were let get away with it. They're told in advance the day we're coming and asked to unlock the gate in the morning as we don't know what time it will be. I only work around customer specific times for genuine reasons, ie : access through house or garage. Most customers are fine with our way of working and we have a good rapport with the majority of them. 

Latest Posts

Back