Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First complaint! (Sort of)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ashley1337

Has my first complaint today, lady had many window cleaners before me so I was already a bit wary, said they always left the windows with streaks and marks...

Did everything as normal, she came out said she was happen then around an hour later text me to say she wasn't happy and cancel all future appointments.

Heart sank a bit more because I I really try do a good job every time even on this hot sweaty Sunday, I asked her if I did anything wrong and she said I left the frames dirty but the glass was fine?

Went back around and had a look and the frames where fine? Then she pointed out the soffit and fascia above... Said there still dirty and id missed them out, explained that that's not a window frame, and I can do them if she likes but it will be more than a general window cleaning price. She still wasn't happy but I'm glad it wasn't my fault lol.

No wonder she goes through so many window cleaners...

Has my first complaint today, lady had many window cleaners before me so I was already a bit wary, said they always left the windows with streaks and marks...

Did everything as normal, she came out said she was happen then around an hour later text me to say she wasn't happy and cancel all future appointments.

Heart sank a bit more because I I really try do a good job every time even on this hot sweaty Sunday, I asked her if I did anything wrong and she said I left the frames dirty but the glass was fine?

Went back around and had a look and the frames where fine? Then she pointed out the soffit and fascia above... Said there still dirty and id missed them out, explained that that's not a window frame, and I can do them if she likes but it will be more than a general window cleaning price. She still wasn't happy but I'm glad it wasn't my fault lol.

It’s always good to go and check if you get a complaint just in case , I hope you made her squrm though expecting the soffits cleaning for window cleaning prices some people are cheeky!!! Best walk away from theses types

It’s always good to go and check if you get a complaint just in case , I hope you made her squrm though expecting the soffits cleaning for window cleaning prices some people are cheeky!!! Best walk away from theses types
I was dreading going back thinking I'd done something wrong lol she still wasn't happy though and doesn't want me back.

At least the glass is clean which was her problem with others haha ?

There is no pleasing some people better off without them hope she paid
She paid before before I left initially, she told me when I got there she hasn't set up the GC because she wants to make sure she's happy or she isn't paying... Couldn't be bothered with an argument on a Sunday so I said no worries did the job. She paid then complained anyways... Still annoyed with it lol

She may have known or sensed you are a newbie and tried to pull a fast one, it's a amazing what stunts some try to pull

We've all got / had customers like this, it's easy to take it personally but when it happens it's best to try and keep a business head and don't let your emotions run away with you.

Me personally, I try and see these types as a test of my service. Almost like what they call 'stress testing', where you're pushed to the limit and every bit of your work is scrutinized. The customer is more than likely unreasonable, but often you can find improvements in something, like there is always a point that they make that makes you think how you can improve the clean / service / customer requirement which may be of benefit to your other customers.

What I tend to do when approaching a new custy is to write a list of quotes on a business card for example upvc clean : £150 Windows: £35 gutter clear £80 etc That way if this happens again you can say to the customer "no that comes as part of the upvc clean, the window clean consists of cleaning the pane, cill, and frame.

I took over a run before and got called back because I had missed his conservatory roof, went back to see him, he said the last window cleaner always done it and was included in the price. I asked him to explain how it was in such a mess compared to the windows if it's been getting done every month. He then said as far as I was aware that's been getting done. Total chancer

Just clarify to all the weirdos out there we are window cleaners this include's a thorough cleaning of all glass, frames, sills and doors anything more is extra any thing less you're a trad rat

I really wouldn't worry about it. Sounds to me that she doesn't want to commit to paying for a regular service so uses the "unhappy" route. If she asks you back make sure you put her price up!! I've had a few funny customers over the years, and they will always continue to appear. It's like deionised water off a ducks back ?

Latest Posts

Back