Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Water seems to be going fast!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

SMC CLEANING

Hi people me again.

I have a 650ltr tank and only using a pressure of 35 but the water seems to be disappearing fast!

I have checked for leaks there are none I'm at a loss as i thought it would last a lot longer with only myself using it and not doing big jobs.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rinsing too much? I've nearly ran out of 500L twice this week. Some say £1 earned per litre used, not so here.

Been glad to mix some trad work in to save on the water a bit :thumbsup:

Yeh I've heard that maybe that's it then first clean with the pole you need to rinse thoroughly though.

Hope it's only for the first clean haha!

Hi people me again. I have a 650ltr tank and only using a pressure of 35 but the water seems to be disappearing fast!

I have checked for leaks there are none I'm at a loss as i thought it would last a lot longer with only myself using it and not doing big jobs.

Any ideas?

Try dropping your flow a bit, for normal cleans ie jobs that I have got to good standard and are cleaning on a 4 weekly I run mine at 24. If its a first clean then I will go up to 26/30 depending how bad they are

Try dropping your flow a bit, for normal cleans ie jobs that I have got to good standard and are cleaning on a 4 weekly I run mine at 24. If its a first clean then I will go up to 26/30 depending how bad they are

Interesting Shiny, I set mine at about 40, 50 plus for mingers. Personally I don't think you could create a wall of water with 24, I struggle with 40 but think stuff it, I aint wasting too much water on you Mrs. A mate of mine has his set to 27. Rinsing is my OCD :confused:

Interesting Shiny, I set mine at about 40, 50 plus for mingers. Personally I don't think you could create a wall of water with 24, I struggle with 40 but think stuff it, I aint wasting too much water on you Mrs. A mate of mine has his set to 27. Rinsing is my OCD :confused:
I ve never had to go above 30 and never had a problem mate.

I'm at 32 (about 1L/min)

You want to rinse the glass & not power wash it & splash the dirt about the window.

Its my first week using WFP. Ive got a trolley system and have had the pump on between 40 and 50. Havent run out of water so far but having read this perhaps I should turn it down a bit. Are the pumps on trolley systems different from van mount ones?

Its my first week using WFP. Ive got a trolley system and have had the pump on between 40 and 50. Havent run out of water so far but having read this perhaps I should turn it down a bit. Are the pumps on trolley systems different from van mount ones?
I have a trolley as well as van mount and the pump on the trolley is a Shurflo too.

I'm at 32 (about 1L/min)You want to rinse the glass & not power wash it & splash the dirt about the window.
How do you lads find hydrophobic glass for rinsing on a low setting? Like I say rinsing is my OCD and move down the glass about 5 centimetres at a time. Will have a go with about 30 tomorrow and see how it goes. I've read elsewhere that some blokes don't use a controller and have the water coming out at maximum speed.

Mines set at 55 anything lower and I will be at a job for years lol

i have my water set at 50 i find it perfect i clean on a 6 weekly tho as for hydrofobic glass im with u tuffers rinse a lot longer 5 inches is about wat i do to some times i triple rinse i mad do a vid on it soon never had a prob with them:)

i have my water set at 50 i find it perfect i clean on a 6 weekly tho as for hydrofobic glass im with u tuffers rinse a lot longer 5 inches is about wat i do to some times i triple rinse i mad do a vid on it soon never had a prob with them:)
I suppose at the end of the day its what your comfortable with..?

From the pic you posted the other day Tuffers you ride a powerful bike, maybe thats why you feel "the need for speed" when your working?..lol

At my time of life I work at a steady pace but I do price a job accordingly so I don't have to feel I have to rush and move on to the next one. I always do a good job and the customer is always happy with my work, thats why the majority don't mind paying a little bit more.

When I bought my gear 3 years ago from Pure Freedom their recommended flow rate was 28 for a normal clean, however while my van was been fitted I went out for training with a windy who Pure freedom used.

This guy new his job had built up a great business over 12 years and he told me to run at around 21 for standard jobs, if going higher like 3 / 4 storey work than adjust accordingly and the same for first cleans. I ve stuck to his advise and never had a problem. The training I had with him was invaluable, he even gave me some great tips on trad work which I have put to use and so far as stood me well especially with internal work.

So without waffling on and on, as I said earlier its all down to the individual, what works for one may not suit another

What controller are you lads using? I dont understand the figures your using.

I have a digi varistream, i use setting No 3 for nearly all my work, but i would prefer to use No 4 as i feel it rinses better and a hell of a lot faster but i can get through 350 litres in 5 hours at 4, whereas at 3 it will last 7 or more hours

I would love it if i could set it at 3.5 but aint possible lol

A simple tip for saving pure water whatever flow rate you use is to turn the water flow off when it's not needed.

Like turn the flow off at the pole when:

Running out the hose

Raising & lowering the pole

Transferring between window frames

Getting excess water off frames and sills

Running the hose back in etc etc

Last edited by a moderator:
And I forgot to mention to try hot pure water instead on filthy plastic and glass as will remove stubbon dirt a lot quicker than using just cold pure water.

Latest Posts

Back