Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pump issue

WCF

Help Support WCF:

marlowswindows

So lesiure battery is one month old from new. Van battery is 12 years old I think the van battery is on its way out but I thought I'd ask if anybody has had the same problem.

New van battery arrives tomorrow.

So I have a split charger.

When running the pump at 50 using just the leisure battery all is good. I left the van running today and it get losing water pressure for 1 or 2 seconds kick back in them do it again 30 seconds later. I'm guessing the loss of power is because the split charger is kicking in to give the van battery its charge instead of the lesuire battery?

I'm no battery expert but you running the van shouldn't affect your leisure battery unless it's flat. I believe your split charger would charge the battery using the most power so unless you had your heater and lights on it would charge your leisure battery as it's being used

I assume you have done a recalibration of the controller as the cold water might be effecting the flow - although that doesn't explain why it works fine on just the leisure battery.
Have you watched what the voltage says on the controller?
The other thing to remember is a lot of vehicles now have 'smart' alternators so it might not be charging the van battery when you think it should!
Might be worth putting a multimeter on a few things to test what is happening.

I'm no battery expert but you running the van shouldn't affect your leisure battery unless it's flat. I believe your split charger would charge the battery using the most power so unless you had your heater and lights on it would charge your leisure battery as it's being used
Heaters where on

Battery is 12.3 volts when left. But the see through hole that should show green is clear so.battery definitely done with done well 12 years old

Latest Posts

Back